Aardman Animation UDF Figures by Medicom Toys (June 2018)
Medicom Toy is adapting character creations from UK's Aardman Animations into figurines in their "UDF" line ("ULTRA DETAIL FIGURE"), with the "lay animation" aesthetic retailed in the form's visual! And I am left deliciously giddy about the prospect!
Here are some stats from medicomtoy.co.jp, for these toy adaptations of 'Wallace & Gromit" and "Shaun The Sheep" (check out the "bonus" videos of this stop motion animation goodness at the bottom of this post!)
- WALLACE & GROMIT - sized 118mm (WALLACE) + 58mm（GROMIT）tall @ ￥1,800 per set.
- WALLACE w/TECHNO TROUSERS - sized 141mm tall @ ￥1,500 per.
- FEATHERS McCRAW - sized 58mm tall @ ￥1,000 per.
- SHAUN - sized 73mm tall @ ￥1,200 per.
- BITZER - sized 77mm tall @ ￥1,200 per.
A combined total of ￥6,700 = which converts approx. to US$62.50 / US$82.50 to scoop up the entire wave. Time to save up those pennies, folks!
With prototype production by MOTOR KEN, these pre-painted soft vinyl figures are scheduled for a June, 2018 release. Time to check in with your fav retailer(s), folks!
But WAIT! These 5 are just a tip of the iceberg! Check out this schweet spread of character figures seen on display at Wonder Festival (Winter) 2018!
(Pics via amiami.jp)
(Headsup via @hobby_magazine)