About Those ISLE OF DOGS Action Figures & "Welcome To No-Trash Island!" Stop-Mop Short Promo by Randy Ang
When I first peeped these figures, I'd thought they were a welcome release for Wes Anderson's ISLE OF DOGS stop-motion film (since premiered in The U.S., but only opens in Singapore on May 10th...) ... then seeing these images from local film director Randy Ang ("re: solve", "1965"), gave me hope of owning them! Alas, a simple search online has since revealed that they are NOT FOR SALE and are for promotional purposes and giveaways only .... *man-sob*
The line-up includes individually window-boxed articulated figures of the dogs; "Chief" (Bryan Cranston), "Rex" (Edward Norton), "King" (Bob Balaban), "Boss" (Bill Murray), and "Duke" (Jeff Goldblum), alongside the young injured human pilot "Atari Kobayashi" (Koyu Rankin).
The toys however, might prove to be slightly more daunting to collect (yes, they are up on Ebay now ... :p):
- (Apparently) Only 100 sets (5 dogs & Atari in each set) were made, each box is hand numbered.
- They will NOT be sold in any stores.
- These figures were designed and hand finished in London by the same puppet makers who created the puppets for the film.
- These aren’t available for purchase; you have to win them through partnership giveaways happening worldwide.
- All proceeds in the U.S. are going to Best Friends Animal Society.
(Above info via slashfilm.com)
Featured above is a rip from Wes Anderson himself promoting a giveaway ... while featured below is what Randy Ang did with his figures: a very apt stop-motion promo clip of the pack and Atari upon reaching Singapore's no-trash island country!
Our friends from Trash Island are here. And they have brought the boy from Megasaki City. Welcome to No-Trash Island Singapore!Posted by Randy Ang on Monday, April 16, 2018
Credits to Jared Tay #colortvstudio
#isleofdogs opens in cinemas May 10.