The Origins of Japanese Folklore: Get To Know Your Yōkai & Oni


The Yōkai of Japan

Posted by 88rising on Sunday, May 27, 2018

A large aspect of this toy-culture devotes itself to the "Yōkai" & "Oni"-theme, not just from Eastern creators, but as well embraced by Western artists, if not just in "forms", but in "spirit" (if you pardon the pun), as aspect that has seen acceptance into the pop culture of the world, manifest unto intense toy-imagery, to adorable character creations (Cometdebris popped into mind).

I myself have been resisting this genre for years, in fact, not least "affordability", but also not my collecting cuppa, and I am sure I'm missing tons!

What is YOUR favourite YOKAI? Or ONI? :)

Meanwhile, I'm inspired to doodle some yokai of my own:

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK