Creeping Death Milkshake Club by Klav9 (for "my milkshake brings all the toys to the yard" @ Mothership Gallery)


For his submission in the "my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard" show at Mothership Gallery, Kevin Derken AKA Klav9 will be offering up the "Creeping Death Milkshake Club" - Cast resin, 3D printed (large skull), mixed media, and painted with lacquer and oil paint.

Priced at US$150 for this OOAK (One-of-a-kind) piece - available in-store on Aug 25th (Show opens at 6pm), with websales going "live" on Martiantoys.com at 7pm.

"When Aaron told me about the concept of the show, I honestly thought it was a stretch, but I love the guys at Mothership so much, I figured they couldn't steer me wrong. Brian (trashbury) was casting 1:1 scale milkshake glasses for artists to customize (based on the song, "my milkshake")." - shared Kevin Derken (@klav9), "Unseen, I assumed I was going to slap a skull on top and do a milkshake version of Jason Freeny's "skull bomb", it was a no brainer. But when I picked up the cast milkshake glass, and saw that it was clear resin, everything changed. I couldn't paint the outside, and ended up with glass full of skulls and various robot parts. I had so much fun with this piece and loved the concept of the show so much I completed the whole piece in under a week."
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK