"ANTHROPOMORPHUCKED" - Solo Art Show by Luke Chueh @ Corey Helford Gallery (Opens Sept 8)


Corey Helford Gallery presents "ANTHROPOMORPHUCKED" - a solo art show by Luke Chueh, opening September 8th, 2018 (The doors open at 7PM on Saturday / exhibiting thru October 13th, 2018) - with select artwork previewed here in this humble post.

Stay connected to Mr Chueh's art via his Instagram / Twitter / www.lukechueh.com.

"This show is basically a collection of ideas that I developed for the past three years, that I’ve been saving for a show like this," explains Chueh of the new body of work. He’s been exhibiting all over the country and internationally since his last solo show at Corey Helford in 2014. He says, "When I’m traveling and on the road, the only goal I have is to give the people what they want. But LA is my home. It’s my comfort zone, and I feel safe here to experiment and do things that aren’t in the usual 'Luke Chueh style'."
CHG PRESS: "Chueh has become best known for a series of white, almost mascot-like anthropomorphic figures, often depicted with the head of a bear, bunny or chicken. Over time, they have evolved to become empathetic stand-ins for himself and for the viewers. These classic figures will be present alongside a slew of new characters and even objects getting the anthropomorphic treatment, from houses to tea kettles. Anthropomorphucked will also premiere new takes on Chinese mythology, from Jiangshi (hopping vampires) to a study featuring a rabbit on the moon—an homage to his heritage as a first generation Chinese-American and the stories that his parents have told him throughout his life."
“Now that I’m back in LA and able to feel at home, I’m able to implement ideas I’ve wanted to for a long time. This show is all about me re-examining my relationship with my characters,” Chueh says. “I’ll be using all the tools in my arsenal for this show.”

(Work-in-progress)


COREY HELFORD GALLERY
@ 571 S Anderson St (Enter on Willow St)
Los Angeles, CA 90033
(310) 287-2340
HOURS: Tuesday-Saturday: noon to 6pm
(www.coreyhelfordgallery.com)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK