Christmas 2018 Unboxing & TOYSREVIL Toy-Reflections

Christmas Day morning. We'd set up a tabletop Christmas tree (Mum did actually, I was a slacker :p), and sat down for a round of prezzies opening after a looooong night's slumber. I had purposefully set aside and awaited to devour the finale of TITANS (complete with a bag of seasonal celebratory cheese chips :p) specifically for the occasion (Sorry, no "Die Hard" this year ... YES, I am one of "those folks" :p), and greeted Christmas morning/night with a smile and excitement in my geek-loving-heart :)

But, back to Christmas morning ...


I had gifted mum and sis #XMAS BABIES blind boxed figures from Hong Kong artist @puckyart (Purchased at the Action City pop-up at Bugis) for Christmas this year, and introduced them to the artist and what she had done with her art on toys (recent releases from POPMART which I adored) and just did (Xmas Decor for Joy City Mall in Beijing), and of having had an opportunity to have met her before in SG (at Illustration Art Fest 2016) - essentially letting them know a slice of what I do on my blog on a daily basis, and of the connection I have for the toys and collectibles I buy and blog about ... something that I have been doing for the past 13+ semi-odd-years (Celebrating 14 Years this coming February 2019 too) ... it's more than just a "hobby" to me :)


(Above pic taken by my sister @blessedblisstar)

And mum pulled my fav Pucky-design! Oh gosh I so wanted that penguin!!! HAHAHAHAHA

Featured below is my own unboxing (alas of an "ungifted" box :p) ... Maybe I could interest mum in a “trade” hhhmmm (but she loves her figure tho :p).


This year - for me personally - is about sharing a part of what I do with the folks I love. I may not have the riches of the world, nor am I anyone of massive influence or "traditionally recognised" career success, but I appreciate the opportunity to share with folks my toy-joy - however I can in my lil’corner of the wwworld - and with that a grateful Christmas this has been for me, as well.

I may not "celebrate" Christmas per se (not even on a personal romantic reason/excuse, having been single for the past decade lol), but for family ... and as well the season is a period of self-reflection for me, and I don't have to wait until counting down to a new year to do it LOL ... but don't worry, THIS blog will be about all MY TOYS hahahahaha

Again, have the Merriest of Christmases, and a Wonderful New Year to come!
Cheers
Andy TOYSREVIL



UPDATED: SRSLY???


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK