Joshua Vides for Mercedes Benz @ Culture Cartel 2018 (Dec 1-2)


Being a sponsor of Culture Cartel 2018, Mercedes Benz SG has as well collaborated with Joshua Vides where he turned a A-Class Benz into this stark black-on-white installation on-site - which you can consider as "Street Art" at it's most "Urban", innit - that hits me with a blast-from-the-past, with A-ha's "Take On Me" echoing in my soundscape! Shows my age, but I don't care MUAHAHAHAHAHA

(*Scroll thru to the bottom off this post to view the music video - I will not judge you if you don't know said 80s' song, that's not how we roll here on TOYSREVIL :p).


On display at the ground floor at F1 Pit Building, the event is open to the public the weekend of December 1st to 2nd, 2018. Ticketed Entry at SG$20 per day (avail. at the door).

I'd initially thought it would've been cool if folks dressed in B&W could take a pic next to it, but was unsure if anyone could ... but seems I've been seeing social media snaps and folks have (Now I regret never re-enacting my Morten Harket moment lah), so snap away, and don't forget the spider on the car bonnet!


(FYI: All above snaps taken on Nov 30 at Media Preview night, with photography by Angeline Kang)


Instagrammed #evilcartel:

View this post on Instagram

#MercedesBenz urban art installation at #CultureCartel2018 features @joshuavides’ turning a A-Class Lux Benz from @mercedesbenzsg into what hits me like a blast-from-the-past with Aha!’s “Take On Me”! (Shows my age lah, dammit but I don’t care Muahahahahaha). Look for this at the F1 Pit Building (Dec 1-2) for #CultureCartel2018 (ticketed entry / avail. At door on site / @culturecartelcon for deets)... and don’t miss the spider on the bonnet! I reckon it would be pretty dope if folks wearing black and white could take snaps next to the car tho - BUT hey, I don’t know for sure if you can or not, so better ask first just in case! I utterly regret not asking for a selfie last night (Nov 30th Media Preview) when these pics were snapped :) Click on hashtag #evilcartel for more of my IG coverage of the inaugural edition of #CultureCartel!

A post shared by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK