"Your Favourite Heroes" resin busts by AVMV


Launched and available to purchase online here are "Superhero busts" from Amanda Visell x Michelle Valigura, with said comicbook superheroes represented in the female form, with these hand-made hand-painted resin busts each standing (approx.) 4.75 inches and priced at US$90 per, each in a limited edition of 25pcs. (Usually ships in 2-3 weeks).


What Amanda mentioned in her emailer makes "sense" of the aesthetics;
"Hey there 2019! Youre looking good. Who's ready to tackle the year? Scrape the mud off our boots? I kinda think the girls are. I kinda think we always were, so maybe a little encouragement!

I lost my marbles with Batman (Michael Keaton). Opened my brain a bunch, I saw it in the theater 2 days in a row. Full disclosure, I also did that with Goonies, Harry and the Hendersons, and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Back to Batman though. Thats when I started reading comics. I specifically loved 60s era Batman and 80's Teen Titans.

Like a lot of nerds, and peeps that feel like they're on the fringes of society, we have to search and dig deep for the thing we can relate to in characters in movies or tv, books and comics. For example Ive really only started to be able to see myself represented on tv as an adult. So you grow up rewriting a version of you into the stories you love. Thats a pretty universal experience that I think we're starting to undo. Making the world bigger, right?

So heres a handful of things. And whether (or wether) you're into em, I think you can get the idea that the struggles and identity and core of the character didnt change. Maybe it brings something new to the conversation."
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK