Custom-Feature: Disassembled Companion by Klav9 (for #MisappropriatedIcon2)


Kevin Derken AKA Klav9 (Cutoms #onTOYSREVIL) shares with us snaps and words of his contribution to Strangecat Toys' "Misappropriated Icon 2" group custom show, set to open this coming Saturday in Tampa Florida at All City Gallery. What had fascinated me to no end, is that participants all work on a bootleg 160nch tall "Companion" figure originally designed by KAWS.

"I hacked mine in half and kitbashed the internal components using Maschinen Krieger plastic model parts. I included a photo of the piece in it's raw state prior to paint. The left arm is still functional like it was in its original state.

The companion was painted with lacquer and oil paint and will be available for sale at the Gallery and also online at StrangeCatToys.com."
~ shared Kevin Derken.
KLAV9 also added; "I will also be attending Thailand Toy Expo in Bangkok in May at which I will have 1, if not 2 customized authentic companions as well. I will be running the Martian Toy Booth and I'm planning on bringing around 30 new customs to the show. I've been posting photos of the pieces on my instagram as they get finished to keep me from dumping them all a few days before."

BONUS WIPS:



We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK