Top Ten HELLBOY Toys on TOYSREVIL (For #HellboyDay 2019)


Featured here in this blogpost - in celebration of "Hellboy Day", is a selection of pieces - both production and one-off or limited run editions of "appropriated" collectibles - that has since graced this humble blog though the years, or at least the TOP TEN HELLBOY TOYS ON TOYSREVIL? ... And I'd also just realised, most, if not ALL my choices are of the shaved-off horns version of Hellboy too!


#10: I had wanted this 8-inch tall HELLBOY from Mezco Toys so bad, as seen at New York Comic Con 2008! Based on the "Hellboy 2" movie, I've since had multiple chances to grab one, but always inevitably missing out due to toy-desires I had for "other figures" LOL ... and NO, I don't really want to pay US$400+ for this too ... :p


#9: I'd really enjoyed the aesthetics of this Hellboy-inspired "KITTY LOVER" by Carlo Cacho AKA "Wetworks" from back in 2015 .... only if this had been a "limited edition" release, IMHO. Check out more of his art through the years on Insta @iamwetworks!


#8: Indonesia-based customiser known as SEN Custom's Hellboy Custom Munnys from 2014 were appropriated from both Hellboy itself, and resin recasted Munny figure bases, and came in two colorways too, and something which Id always appreciated the boldness of the character designs interpreted were/was, IMHO.



#7: BIG RED by POPPROLIFIC x HOTGTOYS is a more recent appropriatd limited edition toy, which has since been Sold Out of the edition featured above - which sees the character iconology adapted unto a mash-up of G.I.Joe sensibilities & He-Man styles of the 80s. Truly an exceptional manifestation of multiple geekdoms, IMHO!


#6: I had posted this one-off HELLBOY MADL CUSTOM by U.S.-based Motorbot from 2011, but visual as since stayed with me, of its clean crisp lines on a platform base figure ... alas the artist is no longer active in the "scene" these days...


#5: Since its first display appearance in New York Comic Con 2016, Super7's production 3.75-inch tall articulated "ReAction Figures" for their HELLBOY line of 4 x blister carded character figures since released in 2017 (Wave 1) as separate singular figures, and can be purchased in two x 3-packs (Pack A + Pack B), and not forgetting this Clear Red Edition with Carry Case!


#4: I am not a huge "statue"-fan, admittedly so ... but Alban Ficat's sculpt for Fairiboles Production showcasing the art of Mike Mignola is too exquisite to resist! There is also ANOTHER version where Hellboy's horns are OUT...


#3: Even before the 5-inch "Mini See" era, the year 2007 brought about toy news of 8" HELLBOY QEES , one of which featured a pastel pink on black edition designed by Tara McPherson too!


#2: One of my personal #toywishlit pieces, is a 5-inch Hellbpy Mini Qees from Toy2R, with this selection from 2013 featuring a trio of editions, for which I would be more than happy with the OG-red! Ironically, I am unsure if I actually DO OWN one - just can't seen to have seen it for years in my collection/hoard tho... hhhmmmm.




#1: One of the most highly anticipated Hellboy action figure incarnation tis coming year, is 1000Toys x Dark Horse Comics' HELLBOY 1/12th-scale, with these selection of in-hand play demo videos

Pre-order has since ended, but you can find one here on Amazon priced at $135.95 + $75.95 shipping (!!!), so best of luck tracking it down!

Past releases include the 1/6th versions from Sideshow Toy (I own one) & Hot Toys (I wished I owned one), with current multiple versions from Funko, and some select others since linked below, for your purchasing considerations on Amazon :)

BUY FROM AMAZON:

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK