#playingwith: NEKOTAMA from ACTOYS


Having seen images of the chubby cat toy online for some time now, I was pretty surprised to see it on display at Action City (Bugis), and decided to snag a “Nekotama” blind bag, with Series 2 being available at less than SG$18 per.


A bit of background: "Nekotama" is a series of soft vinyl figures made by China's ACTOYS, based on illustrations by comic artist in China, "Bu2ma" (Instagram / Weibo).





Sized (approx.) 10cm tall and 12cm long, consider the cat toys as "platform"-figure with multiple colorway editions.

Thus far two series have been released, with 9 colorway editions to be had in each series. Series 2 has the 9th kitty being a "chase/secret". Mine was from Series 2, and I pulled a pink tabby!


ABOVE Series One
BELOW: Series Two


And while I had failed to press "record" in my unboxing video attempt (*fail*), here are some in-hand snaps of my pull of this soft vinyl figure! I snagged the PINK kitty, and could not help but giggle at it's blue butthole, right above its cheeky cat-testicles ... yes, Nekotamas are tabbies!


The sculpted fur texture is tactile, the matching blue paws were fun, but frankly I am not a huge fan of the price point. But considering the size of the toy alongside smaller (gacha) sized figurines with proportionate market prices, it seems a much decent deal, IMHO.


Possessing zero articulation, and uniquely sized to not fit in with my other mini figures. I can somewhat find the appeal for these cuties, and would love to own more (from Series 1), but frankly I cannot afford it... but truthfully, as I'd taken this kitty outdoors for snaps, and it's laying beside me right now as I type, and I have become a convert! I LOVE THIS CHUBBY!

Goodsmile has it listed online at ¥1,852 each (Series 1), which works out to an approx. SG$23, so it is a decent price locally indeed. Check in with your fan retailer(s) for availability and pricing otherwise :)

Just how could you NOT love this chubby tabby? :p

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK