Vintage-styled VHS Box-Cover Art from YOROKOVU's ESCAPE FROM REALITY


In my small personal collection of VHS-tapes (those that are still within my reach and not boxed up in deep-storage), they dominated my geek world in the 1990s, most of them courtesy of PREVIEWS magazine orders, actually! And then came VCDs and eventually DVDs (I never did transition to Blu-rays :p) ... but above is what my VHS box-art might look like ... THEN, I found YOROKOVU's ESCAPE FROM REALITY!


Since featuring his vintage poster images HERE, I'd since indulged in MORE of his artwork where he converts the latest superhero (and pop culture) films into these gloriously vintage Japanese VHS-rental stores / over-rented-out aesthetics, and I am LOVING THEM! These would sit perfectly and proudly on my VHS-shelf, if I ever had a shelf for VHS-on-display, that is!

Here are some examples (*More images since uploaded HERE on POPCORNX), and you can check out more via his Insta @yorokovu!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK