TOKOHANTĀ by Nastytheplastic (for [In]Action Figures 8)


Barcelona-based @nastytheplastic shares with us snaps of his "TOKOHANTĀ": The toy collector's evil spirit - since manifested unto a 3.75" resin figure casted from a full sculpted original, and painted with acrylics. As well possessing a miniature toy heads necklace, custom hakama skirt made of cloth, and with arms and head articulated by magnets!


An exclusive hand painted colour edition of 9 pieces were made for the recently launched "[IN] Action Figures 8" Show in Clutter Gallery, NYC (See IG-slideshow below), and has since been listed for online sales here at US$70 each. The show exhibits thru March 6th.

View this post on Instagram

Tokohantā on display for [IN] Action Figures 8 at @cluttermagazine gallery! . I wanted to share with you these pics and some words. I'm really happy to see my figure exhibited in Clutter. For me, is an achievement. When I started to make toys, I didn't imagine that only few figures after I'll be showing my work in this recognized place. I want to thanks my wife for her patience (and for her tolerance to my messy studio...😅), to my brother cuz he is the best, to my family who's always asking what I'm doing, to David from @zonatoysblog for his amazing posts, to @cluttermaz, to the artists who started the bootleg movement cuz they inspired me to make these things (some showing in this expo) and finally but not least, to EVERY follower and people who has supported me! . #resintoys #toymaker #designertoy #toyart #arttoy #toydesigner #toycollector #toyscollector #customfigure #customfigures #customactionfigures #customtoy #bootlegtoy #bootlegfigure #yokai #inactionfigures8 #monster #Yōkai #designertoys #toys4life #bootlegactionfigure #actionfigures #toymaker #bobafett #skeleton #skeletor #heman #mastersoftheuniverse #tmnt #kenner #gijoe

A post shared by Nastytheplastic (@nastytheplastic) on



TOY-STORY: "It was the greatest and most complete toy collection in the world. Hidden deep inside the basement of a house, a well kept secret only known by his owner. He was a big collector, meticulous and hoarder. Had all the figures you can imagine in a mint condition.
One day, climbed on a ladder while classifying toys on the top of a shelf, one foot slipped, fell to the ground and unfortunately, broke his neck... and died.

Time passed, and his family wanted to get rid of his stuff, so they decided to put on sale all his collection. They sold the toys at a very cheap price in flea markets and eBay, one by one, without knowing the real value. It was a bargain.

The collector’s soul couldn’t forgive what was done with his toys, he couldn’t rest in peace. He ended up becoming an evil creature, a wandering spirit that appears to other collectors. Consumed by anger and envy, does not allow anyone to have his figures, nor complete a collection in perfect conditions. With its sharp claws break blisters, scrapes and tears the paint of the figures.

Be careful with Tokohantā, you might have one of his toys..."
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK