#TopTenToysof2019 by @ahkaizztoys


Welcoming Kai AKA Singapore-based toy-collector @ahkaizztoys who joins us for the first time on TOYSREVIL, sharing his TOP TEN TOYS OF 2019! I've been enjoying his toy-journey on his Insta, and am jazzed to have him participate in my annual toy-sharing serial feature! ONWARDS!



#10. Kawii by Coarsetoy and JP Toys



#9. Pac Dino By Ziqi



#8. Cosmic Umasou by Litorworks



#7. Negora(s) by Konatsu with My Adopted Cat Yuki

TOYSREVIL: Can you share with us, who you are and what you do?

@ahkaizztoys: I'm Kai and I am a Fitness Trainer for the last 6 years or so, I conduct outdoor bootcamp training (fuelfitsg) as well as huge group fitness under Health promotion board.

TOYSREVIL: How long have you been buying (collectible) toys?

@ahkaizztoys: I will think I started collecting random collectibles at a young age but really gotten into ubran vinyls back in 2010 starting off with Dunny and Bearbricks.



#6. King Jankies by Superplastic 



#5. The Shard Ice Monster by Scott Tolleson



#4. Under the Sea TTE exclusive Byron by Shoko Nakazawa

TOYSREVIL: Where do you normally purchase your toys? Online? Offline from Stores? Events? Which do you prefer? And why?

@ahkaizztoys: All of the above but most of my 2019 purchases are from events like Thailand Toy Expo/Taipei Toy festival as well as our local BIGBIGCON and STGCC!

My preferred choice will always be through events where I can actually get to meet the artist themselves and learn more about their thought process behind each of their creation plus the sense of achievement when you finally get your hands on the one piece everyone is aiming for via a lottery is amazing!

TOYSREVIL: Do you have “toy-grails”? And did you manage to score a “toy-grail” this year (2019)?

@ahkaizztoys: Albino King Korpse by Instinctoy! My wife managed to score it during Thailand Toy Festival via Lottery by being the 11th in line! (It's our collection, haha). We been wanting a King Korpse Since STGCC 2016 when it first appeared and finally after close to 4 years of hunting, we got it!

TOYSREVIL: Any particular focus or toy-aims this year (2020)? Starting any new line?

@ahkaizztoys: Nothing in particular, await for the next unique creation by artists all over the world!



#3. SGCC2020 exclusive Samego from Nebby Art



#2. Albino King Korpse from TTE (Lottery Win)



#1. Mucky from INSTINCTOYS

@ahkaizztoys: Also including a drawing by Hiroto Ohkubo of a family portray of us and my baby girl who will be coming next month. That is why it's my first choice. 


TOYSREVIL: Do you belong to any particular or dedicated toy-groups (online or offline)? Do you have “toy-buying buddies”?

@ahkaizztoys: Shout out to Rookie Collectible facebook group for a dedicated collectible toy group! My wife is my partner in crime for all purchases!

TOYSREVIL: “Toy Buying these days is a solitary affair” = Do you agree with this? How do you feel about this?

@ahkaizztoys: It can be, depending on where you are residing. Unfortunately it is really hard to find other collectors out there throughout my years of collecting in Singapore, however local events like BIGBIGCON and STGCC is a start where I get to meet more of them. Hopefully one day it can grow into bigger events like TTF and Designer Con or other major designer toys events!

TOYSREVIL: Where can people go to see your collection?

@ahkaizztoys: I have a Instagram account dedicated to all my collection at instagram.com/ahkaizztoys.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK