#mygeeklife: I Like Buttons Redux (2020 Edition)


Call me “old fashioned”, but there’s something "satisfying" about using a biscuit tin container to hold stuff ... perfect for my collection of buttons!

THIS post is courtesy of me reminiscing these buttons, as I transferred them out of a dusty cardboard box unto this literal biscuit tin, that had been apart of a gift hamper we received for Chinese New Year (from our Malay neighbours).


I’ve never really gotten unto the "enamel pin"-train, and quite frankly not truly active in blogging about them ... with the most I personally own being gifts from generous folks too ... but what I did used to collect, were buttons!

Besides the individual pieces, I’ve always enjoyed the packaging of button sets, which both helped in self-promotion (although it meant an additional cost and effort in printing, of course) and for me a tangible feeling of holding & owning the artists’ art, as I would prefer holding until a CD/Compact Disc while enjoying their music.

Alas, the trend has moved forth and I don’t see much buttons around these days... but I still have mine to look at every now and again, a memory of the days past ... these are a few pack samples to show, none are for sale, thanks :)


And I DID post about my buttons previously, back in 2016 too! No new buttons, except for a few found all over my hoard, and added to the tin ... Wow, recycling memories has become a hallmark of #mygeelkife, innit? HAH!

Waittaminute! I actually forgot I used to sell my one-off hand-sketches along with TOYSREVIL-buttons too! Don't remember folks going for these at all tho LOL

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK