So Long 2020, and Thanks for All the Fish...


I'll start the last day of "2020" with a lookback (Very apt how ThrowbackThursday turned out to be, huh?), courtesy of "Honest Trailers" (featuring the voice of Patton Oswalt) .... THEN head to a more TOYSREVIL-focused entry ... when I'd asked you folks "What Do You Want To Say To "2020""?, and here are some of what YOU shared with TOYSREVIL!

*SHORT AND (SOMETIMES) SWEET*
"“Stay safe, wear a space suit” - Space Cadet"
(Ryan Callanan @ryca_artist)

"A complete washout..." (Grumpy Old Fart @ibr_remote)

"2020.. was not the year I ordered, but I ate it anyways." (RHINO @laserbeamz)

"I hope we don't look back at you with nostalgia 😂" (@art.azil)

"Covid is temporary, toys are forever ❤️" (@nanobattle)

"Mi Ultimo Adios, Buen viaje al 2020!!!
(TRANSLATED) My last goodbye, have a good trip to 2020!!!"
(RIE @wildfunko)

"Thank you... Next.. 🐵🐵🐵" (@mad.monkey.00)

*SELF-PROMOTION*
"Let’s see some more @totemztoys" (@samy_soda)

*THANKFUL*
"Thank you to all of the artists, bloggers, and fans, who participated in the 65 piece sold out Baby Fatts show. It was an amazing part to an otherwise difficult year. Much love to all of you out there hustling & to any of you who supported any independent artists."
(Colin Hoffman @bigccreates)

"Thank you 2020. Although many toy events been cancelled or delayed and I can't travel oversea for some events, my supporters still believe in me. During this year, I able to learn new stuff which is 3D print and also start doing painting. It is a tough year and also a fruitful year for me." (Jefferson Ng @jeffnjf)

"I’d like to say thank you to everyone for all their support from the awesome bloggers, anyone sharing my work or picking up a piece and reaching out with kind words and support behind the scenes. It’s been a tough one x" (Richard Page @richpage)

*A NEW HOPE*
"2020... you reminded me what matters personally & creatively." (Jessica Emmett @jessica_emmett)

"2020 gave me 20/20 vision on what I want from life moving forward." (IM NOT WORDY @playlien)


All above responses from my Instagram post FTW!



FYI: The title of this blog-feature is a variation of "So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish" = the title for the fourth book of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy "trilogy" written by Douglas Adams. Wiki mentioned; "Its title is the message left by the dolphins when they departed Planet Earth just before it was demolished to make way for a hyperspace bypass, as described in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy." .... which in essence telegraphs how bloody old I am, innit? HAH! ... But somewhat encapsulates the spirit of TOYSREVIL, being an eclectic collection of passions and genres, and I am absolutely fine with that. ...Loved the first book, but disliked the 2005 movie tho ... JUZ'SAYIN'! :p
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK