Singapore Comic Con 2021 Online Opens December 3rd



The 2021 Edition of Singapore Comic Con has launched online today December 3rd at 10AM on www.singaporecomiccon.com. All you need to do to access the activities is to submit your data and register, for free access to content.

Find out what is in-store for registrants at the "Virtual Stage" here for 5 week of activities and contents, leading to January 2nd, 2022.



First listed event off the bat is scheduled on "DEC 3" (starting 12pm) is "Chatting with Lee Bermejo", where the artist joins Singapore's CT Lim (@6menshow) for a virtual chat, as they talk Batman, Suciders and more.



Another listed session of interest (at least to me) is the "Circle Line “Live” Meet & Greet Session" (Scheduled for Dec 5th starting 5pm).
"Join the Director of Circle Line - Singapore's first monster creature feature, JD Chua, and lead actress Jesseca Liu as they share more about the behind-the-scenes stories of this movie. Do tune in as we unveil special footage and a teaser trailer exclusively for this event."

I've sat in for a Sneak Peek & Panel Discussion in SGCC2019, and am eagerly awaiting the feature's premiere, no doubt delayed due to the pandemic.



Also apart of the festivities - and key for avid shoppers (C'mon, don't bluff :p) - is the SGCC E-mall on Shopee, which'll host the online shopping aspect of SGCC, and of course I had to take a whirl to find out more...!

DISCLAIMER: I have not attempted to shop online (*shocking*, I know), and am not wholly used to the navigation of such online shopping platforms, and as well I am experiencing this thru a laptop screen (not a mobile). But these are my personal impressions...



Most every listed product and item - in relation to "Toys and Collectibles Gallery" (as of this blogpost publication) - are licensed character releases. Be it from media, films or anime, from premium statues, to Iron Man/Doctor Strange/Spider-Man/Pokemon/Demon Slayer/etc toys - BUT featuring (the magic word) "discounts" which of course meant "clear stock" which in turn'll be great for gifting during this season - to yourself or to your toy-collector friends! Although I imagine with the pandemic going on, there'll be no office parties or "Secret Santas" to worry about...? #COVIDSUCKS



The only "exceptions" are: Blind Box figures from Pop Mart listed in the "FUNKOPOPS" zone (which I assume will be a better deal with given vouchers?) ... and of course the presence of the ONLY independent designer toy collective; "TOI DEN", featuring @the_hairy_potter, @rushotoys and @mikutoyz! Head direct to their shopee.sg/toidensg page to snag your PROJECT EMPTY; BRAVE, RUSHO The Death God of Birds, and KRASH The Megalo-Don!



Another area I'd always spend a decent amount of time in (and cash transactions with), is the "Artist Alley" at our local conventions, for less of the 3D-element, and more visual publications and prints, with this year's listed here - featuring fanart of characters I no longer recognise (I've been off anime for far too long, it seems). Two images caught my attention: Deadly Beauties Nine-tailed Fox by @natchristiantan (below-left) and HARLEY QUINN #10 Comic Cover Art (DC Approved) by @rachtalin (below-right).



Enjoy Your Online Convention, folks!
Andy TOYSREVIL



TOYSREVIL is not involved in this edition of SGCC, and continues to enjoy whatever is showcased on social media. As cabin fever sets in, I do long for the days of a physical convention, even if it meant busting my butt covering the annual event for this blog (*I enjoy it*), instead of sponging up the atmosphere (the closest I got was STGCC 2017 which I labelled "My First STGCC" :p). And if not for financial ability, I miss boothing, absolutely (2009 pre-Stroke & 2015 post-Stroke)... and this year would've been a great time to open up shop, celebrating TOYSREVIL's Sweet Sixteen ...! #BEINGPOORSUCKS



If I had my head sorted out, I'd have arranged to meet up with folks over this weekend to chat "toys"! Hahaha ... hhhmmmm maybe next weekend? If the social landscape here in Singapore does not change by then tho... #COVIDSUCKS
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK