#MisappropriatedIcon5 @ Strangecat Gallery



Since my earlier teaser feature, the 5th Edition of group custom show "Misappropriated Icon" has launched by hosts @strangecatToys, on display at Strangecat Gallery, and as well available online here, with previews HERE on TOYSREVIL Facebook, with all customs created on 16-inch tall Kaws Companion bootleg figures!




Do click thru the linked Instagram-accounts listed in image-captions above, to see more of the pieces and their "making-of" on the originator's IG (those that has chosen to share tho).

The notion that: "Is a Unique Customised Pieces Done On a Bootlegged Figure Still Legit?" = is to me personally a constant blurring of boundaries that I frankly do not need to give a "label" to, except to enjoy visually, and for folks to consider purchasing them via their own considerations, not at all needing anyone to tell them they "should" or "should not".

But of course there are different opinions abound, especially in this toy-culture we are in - So what do YOU think about this? Which side are you on: The Naysayers? Or The Supporters? Feel free to leave a comment in this post or my socials, cheers.

None too ironically (and I believe I might have mentioned this before, but...) - One of my "Misappropriation Icons"-posts on Instagram was flagged a few years ago, from apparently the licensees of the official figure, and slapped with a C&D / Copyright Infringement, which I could argue is ludicrous, as I am not even the "originator"! But that said, featured below and on my Twitter instead, are the grid-images I'd spent an entire Sunday afternoon doing up ~ LOL



We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK