TOYSREVIL @ Anime Festival Asia Singapore 2022 (#AFASG2022)



I'd visited the 2022 Edition of Anime Festival Asia Singapore on Friday (specifically starting at 2:50pm-ish, as stated in my videos), returning to the Suntec Singapore International Convention and Exhibition Centre, which had been the primary venue for the annual convention since 2008 (except for that one year in Singapore Expo 2012) - which has since returned to a in-person event, since it's hiatus in 2020 due to the pandemic.



And while I've attempted to feature pre-event news on TOYSREVIL, featured here today are YouTubed SHORTS (videos previously streamed live on Instagram), and Insta-embedded slideshows, for your viewing pleasures.

The event ends today, on Sunday November 27th, 2022, technically at 8pm. It's a Ticketed Entry (Buy tix online here), the queue on-site for it is on Level 3 - you cannot miss the crowd, see video below :p), so be prepared to queue for a bit to get tix and to even get into the halls itself.

FYI: Saturday's tickets was stated as SOLD OUT on AFA's socials, and I can only imagine the madness of a Sunday too! There'll be a MAPPA Panel (animation studio for Attack on Titan and Chainsaw Man), and as well key Cosplay Artists Panels.



I'd bumped into a friend on Friday, who mentioned he queued an hour to get tix, while I myself queued to get into the hall for nearly half an hour, with a brisk moving queue, even with security bag-checks (which I have absolutely nothing against). FINDING the end of queue however, was quite confusing lol






















The following will be my last batch of AFASG2022 images to share, featuring random(ish) crowd shots, taken on a Friday afternoon at 3pm(ish), with the crowds at times suffocating, but not necessarily unrelenting (Which is less of a "complaint" that it is a "compliment"), consisting predominantly of the younger set (only because I am an old fart :p), but I have to say impressed me more my past experiences with "adults", IMHO.

Yes, buckle up, folks, "personal commentary & gripes" ahead!



The folks were very conscientious of folks attempting to take a photo or two, and would make the effort to phase their steps or walk around, versus adults who'd literally walk across your phone/camera, like they'd grown up eating glass LOL

One can say they might be "attuned" to the habits of cosplayers posing for camera(s), and with that I nod my head and wish "Well done".

There was even a time I was so disorientated and nearly tripped over someone behind me, where a trio of youngesters around me reached out their hands to help.

I have been covering AFA on and off (since 2008), and have continued to enjoy my time thru the years, masking in the atmosphere, that is both "alien" and but recognising that I am a "outsider", or at best a "(basic) tourist of J-Culture", but I have never felt "unwelcomed", for which I am very appreciative of, cheers.

The crowd shots and videos show my personal fascination with the thronging crowds for the annual event, for which I previously mentioned was on hiatus for a couple of years, no doubt due to C19 ... and seeing the crowds here today, it was as if the pandemic "never happened", but for the facemasks everybody is seen wearing.

Alas I had to rush to my next appointment and did not soak up more of the atmosphere as I'd hoped to, and walked away with nothing purchased too!

I had planned to visit the next day as "just an attendee", but alas that plan was foiled, and now I am typing this, feeling strangely sentimental LOL ... There's always "next year", right?

Cheers,
Andy TOYSREVIL

Event: Anime Festival Asia Singapore 2022
Dates: 25 – 27 November 22022
Times: 10AM - 8PM
Venue: Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre (Levels 3 & 4)
Entry: Ticketed Entry (Buy online here)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK