MECHA ZERO by Replicant 65



VICTOR M NEWMAN: The amazing 3D Artist Sy Blake and Toy maker Paul Tanompong of Props & Pop and my creative partners in making my long meeting sketches become a reality. Check out the process of MECHA ZERO on instagram.com/replicant_65.



Since his earlier SOLD OUT "Afronaut 65" figure, Victor M Newman AKA Replicant 65 next offers up brand new character figure "MECHA ZERO", with this (approx) 8-inches (20.32cm) tall PVC-made figure brandishing a SWORD too!



The chosen aesthetics was delish, IMHO, and brought a wave of nostalgia through my pop-culture-infused mind, and I had to know what was going thru Victor's mind when creating MECHA ZERO!

VMN: The inspiration for Mecha Zero was my favorite anime and toys from the 1970’s. I always loved the duality of the classic Mecha. One moment they are giving a funny one liner and the next they are in battle. Transforming from comedian to protector or villain at the drop of a dime.



I was intrigued with the "cracked antenna" and figured there has to be a "story" amidst the character design?

VMN: Mecha Zero has a smile on his face, but cracked antenna, battle mode chest plate and combat stickers on his shoulders let you know that he will throw down in a heartbeat.



In a Limited Edition of only 25 Figures produced, available to order now online here for US$125 (price includes shipping). Loving the aesthetics, the design choices! "Orange" on "Black" is always one of my my fav color-combos too!

No availability news for the "Red Zero Variant" (seen below) tho ... you might want to hit up the creator's Insta @replicant_65 to seek that sci-fi-mecha-goodness!



The smile reminded me immediately of (the late) Jason Pearson's BODY BAGS comicbook character "Clownface"... for the swol bulk and demeanour = LOVE IT!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK