R.I.P. Task One

I'd spent the entirety of Thursday morning (here in Singapore) reading Facebook updates by friends and acquaintances of the late "Task One", who had (based on everyone I've read) passed in his sleep the night before. Featured below is a sampling from folks posted on their Instagrams, with tons more I am no doubt missing out on, as the day goes on.



Find out more about the Los Angeles, California based Prop Maker and Toy Producer via instagram.com/taskonerus and www.taskoner.us.










While considering posting this on the blog, I'd fear accusations of "using a person's passing for clout" (yes, this has happened before), especially since I do not know, or have met him in person, and unlike all the messages I have been reading about, I am but a "consumer" in the bigger scheme of the art toy world, admiring his work from across the www, and of the emails I'd exchanged with him thru the years.

My personal interaction with the gentleman as well included featuring his toyart on TOYSREVIL, and physically receiving his PILLAGING POP CULTURE (Series 1) from 2013 (A blind box series with Tenacious Toys), a line-up which I hold dear to my collection of THE MUPPETS memorabilia ... be that as it may, this is not about "curation of content", but is as much a reflection of how folks viewed and remember a person, whose work should not be forgotten to consumers like us, IMHO.

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK