Curating TOYSREVIL @ Miku Market



I "curate" my Miku Market table like I have editorialised my blog. And like my blog, I choose to present a hybrid of "art / designer collectibles", alongside pop culture character / media toys. Nostalgia has its roots here too, very strong roots tied to my early geek-life, in fact.



Does that affect my business/sales? Without a doubt, as I am not wholly committing to what the general buying crowd at Miku Market have been dropping coin for, and with over a year in, perhaps it is time for a another direction?

TOYSREVIL MIKU MARKET TOYS 01
TOYSREVIL MIKU MARKET TOYS 03
TOYSREVIL MIKU MARKET YOKA
TOYSREVIL MIKU MARKET TOYS 02
TOYSREVIL MIKU MARKET HELLO KITTY


And while not totally buried in "nostalgia" - there are as well recent (ex)blind boxed figures - most of whom had been reviewed on the blog before I relinquish them to the pegs, there are as well releases from decades back, an archival of collectibles both main stream and indie underground, and everything in between.

Knowing that the venue is not heavy on "art toys culture", I's also like to offer a bit of a reprieve as well, amongst my blister-carded collections of yesteryears.

TOYSREVIL MIKU MARKET TRADING CARDS


Likewise my trading cards and comicbooks, especially trading cards that were a huge part of my past vice, that what little I have made available, is but a small fraction of what I have, and I am at a lost to how to present them all, besides a limited curation based on space.

Would an entire table need to be showcased? Or would that be too self-indulgent a memory-trip instead?

TOYSREVIL MIKU MARKET 4-CUT


What has "affected" me the most, is selling my comicbooks, actually. And while trading cards I might have multiple sets of (because of my debauchery in the past), most of my comicbooks were not meant to be bought-and-sold.

In a way it is "easier" to offer up Issue #1s - not as a "gimmick" but because in reality I would pick-up earlier issues and test-read them. And if I am not hooked in for more issues, I don't really "need" them per se. But the reality is, I "need them all".



Building a comicbook library. Building a toy-archive. Those were dreams of a foolish collector, a man with no space nor ability, but for the resource of a (past)lifetime of nerd-dom.

I have since added dedicated "QR-Codes" to some of my items for sale, including previous (time lapsed) cardflip of select trading cards, ro somehow assist in getting the "toy-word" out, when all else fails there is still the TOYSREVIL-blog, whom in itself is currently undergoing a directional change as well, cheers.



All items Sold Ad-Is.
First come first served.

MIKU MARKET opens every Wednesday thru Sundays from 12noon to 6pm (Closed on Mon & Tues).
Find us at Level 2, Unit 02-09, Queensway Shopping Centre.




Comments

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK