ULTRAFORCE
The "Ultraforce" is a fictional superhero group that appears in American comic books published by Malibu (first in 1994), and later Marvel. "The purpose of the group was to protect the public and keep other "Ultras" (superheroes) from becoming unruly." (Source)
I had collected the earlier issues of Malibu Comics' various ULTRAFORCE-related titles, and every other Malibu-titles for that matter (the long-lasting effect of "Image Comics", IMHO).
As much as I was hungry for comicbooks during my impressionable years (including adulthood lol), I recognise these were not just bought due to FOMO, as I'd have at least 4 to 5 issues (before I stopped), so there was some merit to what I read, right? And became a undeniable slice of my past-geeklife , innit?
Also memorable were blister-carded action figures (that remained un-blistered LOL) produced by Galoob! Marvelling at the mass consumerism manifest from comicbook source to toys and subsequently animation, was THE path of "successful properties",in my muddled notions of the world :)
In 1995, Ultraforce was adapted into an animated television series that ran for 13 episodes. Produced by DIC Entertainment and Bohbot Entertainment, I had honestly forgotten about it's existence, much less having been able to watch these episodes at all....! Decades later, thanks to the www, I am reminded and am able to devour said episodes! ENJOY!
FYI: The series will be released on Blu-ray from Discotek Media.
All 13 episodes of 1995 #ULTRAFORCE animated series on #TOYSREVIL: https://t.co/4xKTrobmKd#throwback
— toysrevil (@toysrevil) September 13, 2026
(pics via https://t.co/rA98t3WbqZ) pic.twitter.com/pNltrIxKS3
Ultras... Once ordinary people, now super-human, spread terror across the globe. Enemies of peace include Rune, Lord Pumpkin, and Sludge. The U.S. government forms a team led by Hardcase, 1st Ultra to publicly reveal himself, to protect the public from terrorist Ultras. Super-strong Prime. Topaz, warrior queen. Armored Prototype. Undead Ghoul, and mysterious Contrary. They are The Ultraforce... (imdb.com)
02.UltraForce- The Stuff Of Heroes
03. UltraForce- Armageddon
04. UltraForce- Lord Pumpkin's Pie
05. UltraForce You Can't Go Home Again
06. UltraForce- Wrack And Ruin
07. UltraForce - Night And The Nightman
08. UltraForce- Prime Ambition
09. UltraForce- A Veiled Threat
10. UltraForce- Pump It Up
11. UltraForce- Primal Scream
12. UltraForce - Everything That Rises Must Converge
13. UltraForce - Jumpin' At The Boneyard

Comments
Post a Comment
Your comment entry will be vetted before publishing, thank you.