CLEA 2010 - CE Battle Artist Feature: Patricio Oliver for Argentina

PO-CLEA

CLICK THRU for a Q&A with Patricio Oliver [www], who will be "representing" Argentina in the coming week's CE Battle happening at CLEA 2010 [www / tagged] In Bangkok, Thailand!

In addition, do look out for a slew of projects Patrico (or PO!) is currently involved in, including work for his own The Tenebrae world (featuring "Almond and Salandra!") and for RAJE Toys! [CLICK for coverage of PO!'s work on TOYSREVIL

CE-PATRICIO-OLIVER

TOYSREVIL: What was the genesis / design inspiration / concept of your chosen CE-design submission?

PATRICIO OLIVER: I couldn't help thinking about a space creature or from an othet dimension when I saw the shape of the figure. I wanted to do something related to my universe of characters but just a little bit more SciFi, thats how Voidduss invader from the black hole was born. He is some sort of devilish alien from an obscure dimension.

PO-CUSTOM-QEE

TOYSREVIL: What is your "Plan Of Battle"?

PATRICIO OLIVER: I have no idea really, Im not very used to work in public or in this type of competitions, I guess I will analyze with my other team mates whats the best way to create a really nice and cool design.

PO-BANNER

TOYSREVIL: What are your design influences (as an artist)? How do you engage a custom toy / your process of work? What is your preferred or signature style of customization?

PATRICIO OLIVER: I'm more a digital person, Ive done customs in the past but I prefer to work with vinyl cut and paint with masks. And I like working with other people in this kind of projects. Given the opportunity Id like to include clothing or other materials like flock. I have the same style in customs that I have at my illustrations and work in general, but with less control on the final results and that gives them a more human side to my work.

I love how my friends and colleagues from ToyBoys Inc work they help me and teach me lots of things related to customs figures! Doktor A customs are amazing too, he really rocks it! My influences are more related to editorial illustration and classic artists from books and comics at some point this is truly a challenge to me.

PO-FIGURE
[More images of PO!'s "PRIOTCIA LEVORI" here]

TOYSREVIL: What are you looking forward to do in Thailand, and for CLEA?

PATRICIO OLIVER: I've never been to Thailand before and I know this is going to be a unique experience, I really want to meet my other colleagues from the competition and I cant wait to see everything that is going to happen during the event! And of course to pick new influences and interesting elements to incorporate in my work, this is going to be an amazing learning experience from all angles.

PO-FIGURE2

TOYSREVIL: Share with us, who you are (name/nick)? And what's next to look out for from you?

PATRICIO OLIVER: My name is PO! (aka Patricio Oliver) from Buenos Aires Argentina, expect to see some new toys Ive designed really soon from The Tenebrae world and a few printed projects too!

PO-BART-QEE
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK