Product-Review: SuckPax Series 2 from The Sucklord x SideKick Lab

SUCKPAX2-REVIEW-01


SuckPax Series 2 sees the successful trading card series focusing on The Sucklord leading to a second release (we reviewed the first series HERE in end-December 2009), this time with quite a few new thrills found within the packs. Score your own via the Suckstore @ US$120 per full box,and US$25 for a 5-Pack.

Published and manufactured by SideKick Lab, here are some snaps and words of SUCKPAX Series 2, as I open and devour the series for my own dastardly pleasures!

SUCKPAX2-REVIEW-02


One of the first thing which delighted me, was a small-portion sheet of uncut trading cards from the first series! I was such a sucker for uncut sheets, this was a real surprise an bonus, IMHO. This really set the happy tone of the unboxing from here-on in! LOL

SUCKPAX2-REVIEW-03 SUCKPAX2-REVIEW-08


Announcement for collection of 25 "Kickback" points to redeem a "Suck-DeCoder" to reveal "secret messages" hidden on SuckPax 2 cards. Now THIS got me wondering whether it is "3D-shades", so some other visual addition that would make this work. The kickback pointers are actually printed on the wax wrappers themselves (at the corner) so I might one day get me some answers :)

SUCKPAX2-REVIEW-04


The trading cards themselves with a yellow boarder for all (much more attractive and kitschly-eye-catching than the previous blue-border tho) and frankly, better images on the card-fronts LOL. Am liking the graphical layout of the card-back too tho. And then I noticed the garbled-image area where, yes indeed it may well be a 3D-ish film on a card, that is the Suck-DeCoder, innit? Nice, if that be the case :)

SUCKPAX2-REVIEW-05 SUCKPAX2-REVIEW-07


I am actually pretty esthetic to report that my box yielded two complete hand-collated set! (Versus my previous series with zero sets!!!) with all 66 x numbered cards in both (sans chase cards, naturally). Yes, I is happy :)

SUCKPAX2-REVIEW-09


And while I surmise the additional unedible foam slips might be meant for nostalgia (sans the flavor) and perhaps a nice touch to vintage collectors, they raised quite a WTF?-eyebrow when I first unpacked the wrappers (each pack had one). The inclusion of a of a "variant" color (Green) and even text-print actually did nothing for me (Sorry dudes). I know they are supposed to replicate the sensation of "bubblegum" from the days before (beyond my time actually *cough*) and are well appreciated nevertheless.

SUCKPAX2-REVIEW-10


I really liked this series of additional cards, that were not numbered as part of the 66-piece, with an interesting candid look at The Sucklord's past (especially the titty-pawing one of youth LOL). I wonder how many is there to be collected?

SUCKPAX2-REVIEW-11


The chase inserts got me laughing to no end! King Abnon's Pink Cabaret Trooper (with "Billy Roids" / 1 or 2 for "Gay Empire") was sreally well, but the "FUCK YOU" Signed Card was so utterly "Seriously?", it left me tearing from the tenacity of it all!

SUCKPAX2-REVIEW-12


Additional chase inserts came in the form of a Sucklord collage and paint-over (darn slack tho, just saying') and a doodle on a vintage Star Wars Princess Leia card by Jason Atomic! Remember my Mr.T / A-Team vintage card from Series 1? Same difference :)

SUCKPAX2-REVIEW-13


Admittedly, I am such a sucker for chase variant inserts (have been, always will be), and Series 2 has it in spades! Even more additions came in the form of a "felt" surface found on two toy-cards (Chinatown Warrior and Creature) and an additional Signed card from The Sucklord himself. Nice one.

SUCKPAX2-REVIEW-14


And what I liked about the additional image prints on select back-of-cards, were that the image-puzzles needed 4 x cards to complete an image (unlike the previous huge image puzzle). And altho I could not manage to piece together ALL the pics, what I had partially put a smile to my face. (Yes, I am "easy" like that).

Perfect for fans caught in the cross-hairs of lowbrow art culture and the toy-realms, and as well closet trading-card-aficionados tired of the glossy mass-market cards on display these fine hobby-days. And as an added bonus, SideKick will also be releasing the second series of The Art Hustle Cards (promos and a sneakie-sneak below) so that there's a line-up of hobby cards you can collect and follow right there!



BUY CARDS
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK