TRE-REVIEW: SUCKPAX Trading Cards by The Sucklord x Sidekick Media

PRESS: In affiliation with SIDEKICK LAB, the Super SUCKLORD has designed an exciting new series of collectable, limited edition trading cards called SUCKPAX. The first series features one-of-a-kind artist sketch cards, customized cards, and a chance to find the unique GOLDEN TICKET redeemable for an exclusive Suckadelic custom figure! Get em now!

SUCKPAX-REVIEW


Courtesy of the good folks at Sidekick Media & the ever Suckadelic Sucklord, I managed to ravage thru a box of SUCKPAX and relive my trading-card-collecting glory days (before toys took a'hold of me lol)! CLICK THRU for a quick review along with snaps galore!

337_3723
337_3724
337_3725
337_3726
337_3727
337_3731
337_3728
337_3729
337_3730


BASIC STATS: - Each Box holds 36 x individual packs
- Each Pack holds 7 x Trading Cards
- A complete set runs 43 basic cards, excluding rare chase pieces, signature cards, distressed cards and mystery inserts.
- 100 box limited run @ US$175 per box / Set of 5 loose packs @ US$25. Available online via the Suckstore.



WRAPPER: Touching the waxed-wrapper, I had the feeling to chew the heck out of the cards, because it felt as if I was opening up a pack'a bubble gum. And yes, chewing gum consumption is banned in Singapore ... or rather the trading/selling of chewing gum. heh.

Long after keeping the wrappers aside, I could still feel the wax on my finger-tips.



CARD-QUALITY: Totally old-skool paper card where you can feel the texture, quite groovy actually. The image-side features Sucklord's toys, customs, artwork, installations, pics of Star Wars cosplay (The Princess Leia collection should be made into prints, IMHO) and other sundries that make up the world-of-Sucklord! The reverse text side contains text with "Fun-Facts".

COLLATION: In my sordid trading-crd collecting past, collation of sets actually mattered more to me than chase cards. Primarily because the chances of completing a full-set out weighed scoring chase cards, although that was never always the case.

Out of the entire box, I would have hand-collated 5 full / complete-sets, except each "set" was missing the numbers 12, 21, 33, 36, 43. I'd asked Morgan / The Sucklord if my box was "special" in anyway, to which his answer was: "You're missing that many? Ha! I guess we really short packed that one. There is no guarantee that the boxes contain complete sets. Keepin it bootleg."

... the Cheeky-Cad ... (*I Like*) ~ LOL

HEADSUP: Gimme a holler, folks, if you have those cards! We work a trade :)

CHASE-CARDS: But what made up for the lack of collated-sets (call me bitter, but would've loved to send them off via a giveaway contest ;p) ~ was the sheer amount of "chase" cards and do they rock! My box contained a slew of gnarly surprises, including two hand-painted cards by Callgrim / Jesse Moore and Len Bellinger!

337_3736
[Jesse Moore @ www.callgrim.com]
337_3740
["The Classic Greedo" by Len Bellinger: exvoto@nyc.rr.com]
337_3737
[Excellent tri-fold card effect, IMHO]


OTHER NIFTY CHASE CARD-INSERTS:
337_3741
[Distressed card featuring a provocatively seated "Amidala" - talk about "hand-made", innit?]
337_3743
[Hole-in-one! Number-One With A Bullet! ... okay, I'll stop now ... heh]
337_3750


A "Lowrider Cuties"-card with the reverse image feature a puzzle-montage ... and shown below is an autographed Sucklord card! (With an image of Morgan first seen on TRE in 2007 in my interview with The Sucklord ~ *Scherweet*

337_3749


PUZZLE-IMAGES:
337_3746


Featured at backs of some cards are (what I call) "Puzzle Montage" pics, which seems to feature at least 2 full-images (Bugs me to heck when I can't complete an image... *cough*)

I told you no jail could hold me, you turkeys!" 337_3732


Another "surprise" not of the Sucklord-lore was this A-Team trading card! The Sucklord's reply for my question about the Mr.T / B.A. Baracus card was: "The A-Team came about from smoking dope and drinking and asking "what other type of freaky shit can we put in here?"" ~ Total cool, that! LOL

IN-CLOSING: It is without hyper-bole that I think this series is a brilliant stroke of madness genius, especially after the recent Die-Cut Artists Sketch Cards for TOPPS' Star Wars Galaxy 4 (for which Morgan was the curator/organizer for the urban-art crew / serially-interviewed on TRE) ~ at the very least on a marketing view-point, as well as letting folks have a "taste" of those heady days of trading card-collecting-yore, IMHO.

The artist sketch cards for this series is an exceptional plus to the series, and well worth the price of admission. And there's also a chance to score for yourselves a one-off GOLDEN TICKET randomly packaged, redeemable for a super rare custom toy designed by the Sucklord himself. (*WANT*)

Personally for me, it was a fabulous trek down memory lane with opening the cards. Major kudos to Morgan and the folks at Sidekick Labs; Larz, for the opporunity! I leave you now to your own decisions to procure yourself a box (or three) of SUCKPAX, as well as this wonderous "Box Breaking" video from Simeon Lipman (thanks for the headsup, sir!) to perhaps help "remind" you of the "good'ol days" LOL



BUY CARDS
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK