MY 1/6 TOYLIFE 2026 (Part 3): Head-watch



In a continuation of my current throwback look at my 1/6th toylife, today we take a random look at my collection of HEADSCULPTS for 1/6th!



(Above video first film on Insta and currently watchable here too)
Seen here is a fraction of detached heads culled collected from assorted brands (early 2000s including Dragon Models, BBI, TUS/21st Century, unknown brands)!

In the "beginning" of my hoarding ways, I had collected and kept the head sculpts ON the 1/6th-bodies that they came with (still have a few boxes of OMG) ... and when I had started to kitbash figures, it would have "easier" if I could just pick-up mix and match (imagine categorised boxes of LEGO bricks lol)! And exactly what had done with 1/6th-sneakers/shoes ~ muahahahahahahaa



I had always been fascinated by the "realism" of the sculpts (or "lack thereof"), wondering WHY with the skills from folks, that the liken less to the celebs/actors/singers could not be "100% Accurate"? IOr maybe it's the production process, or the "p,lausible deniability" of non-licensed releases? LOL

From collecting them as a "hobby", to a dream of wanting to produce and make a literal "1/6 showcase" (frankly inspired by what Michael Lau had done with GARDENERGALA and my love for dioramas), I had even plotted out a layout of displays, which I had collected all these for (or rather "had an excuse to collect"), but ultimately became a pipe-dream (:p)... but then again who knows what could happen next in my toylife?


Comments

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK