> alas i have failed once more and sinned

(okay, bad pun for the post title ... like i care? muahahahaha ;p)

and here i am; puffing away with a vengence, at 420am in the blardy morning, pulling my hairs out over a coupla "typed quotations" for a new gig ~ which i wish i never have to do any again (but alas i know it to be a pure survival neccessity) and just haveta grudgingly accept the paperwork that goes along with these sorta affairs (if i ever wanna get paid lah) ... dammit.

"puffing with a vengence", becoz for the past (nearly) four days, i had gone without my mistress nicotine! at the end of friday last (after my last ciggie in the evening); i decided to not buy a new pack ... just becoz ... and tis something that i chose to do (instead of being "told to do", being that im a post-post-post-post-rebellious-teen *cough-cough*) on a whim ... and had actually gotten by pretty alright (given my past failed forays into quitting), if not for Sin City ... the pride i had in myself only lasted 3+ days ... dammit!

Sin City rawked me damn fierce, is all i can say! i had initially wanted to watch this friggin' flick so bad when i first heard about the production, and when the trailers came out? i wet me pants (tho not literally, ya putzes! HAH), how many times - i've forgotten ... and when it actually screened in our local theatres? i was admittedly quite afraid to go watch it! i was literally afraid that i might just be disappointed ... (also money probs lah *PUI*) ... but realizing that there's only one blardy cinema (orchard cineleisure) in the whole of singapore showing it now, with only two screenings a day; i began to panic ... and then i got a call from me sis, who happened to be queuing up for tix today! WHOO-HOO! and i grabbed the chance, brokedom be damned!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA! ;p

and i was ssssooooo not disappointed! it rawked hard. i am literally still sitting at the edge of my seat now; at home, as i had been in the darkened cinema. every bone crunch, every graphic violence, every tit move, every CG-textured background and every frame; stole my breath away ... tho hey, the dialogue was mondo-corny (as was Star Wars, but why berate the genre, innit?) but t'was comics-corny-cool and that was fine with me. and even the casting got me excited all over again ... heck, even bruce willis had a good run (muthafcuker gotta kiss jessica alba? dooood!) and Marv was done darn well too (i had my doubts) ... had a wee giggle at Frank Millar in the priest's habit (his death was a spectacular hollywood-schtick, innit? BWAHAHAHA) and even little Miho worked out well, my hesitation when i saw Devon was gonna be the little assassin ... and of coz there was Jessica*swoon*Alba ... and Robert Rodriguez directed, shot, edited and even composed the blardy music himself? fcukin' bow down to him siah! *respect*

and no, tis ain't a review of the movie (that i might still do on my multiply), but rather the imminent downfall of my "quit smoking for as long as i can"-plans ... drats ... and with the barrage of images and ideas overwhelming all my cocked-senses, i relented and "rewarded" myself with a brand new pack of marlboro menthol lights (price went down again! $10.50! last friday was still $11? WTF?) and tho it tasted dodgy the first stick (as would all sticks, after a few days of abstinence), the rest of nic's "sisters" tasted mondo-good ...

and tis not as if im tryin' ta pin the blame on Sin City (as much as i'd like to *bleh*), but rather tis just another lame excuse for me to light up ... which i figure "trying to quit" is a bad move, for after 4 days, and within a span of near 5 hours? i've wrangled smoke out of 8 sticks of blacklung. fcuk man ...

truly puffing with a vengence ... and i guess for now, i will try to cut down, instead of purely quitting, coz with me feeble will i might just go the wrong way, innit?

BAH

*lighting up my 9th stick and hopefully it'll be my last before i rest my weary body*

heh :p
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK