> another weekend in a lifetime of weekends

and yet another week and weekend had passed. a surprising long and laborous (as compared to the week prior mayhap) week of "work", accumulating in a non-descript weekend. becoz basically: nothing happened. hardly out of the ordinary really; these past six months ... and tho im tired of this "new" routine, t'was nothing compared to the many weekends years the years past ...

i remember weekends were spent:
- working (10%)
- spending time with lovers and partners (70%)
- catching up with friends (2%)
- indulging in movie marathons (5%)
- sleeping in late (10%)
- spending whatever little time with family (3%)

the feeling is quite "shackling", in a way ... for you'd have "responsibilities" to various peeps and somehow (in my own experience anyways) you'd end up find very little, if any, time for yourself ...

and as "work" had occupied most of my "free-mind-wandering time" this week (and yes i DO think of work, as much as peeps point a "you're damn lazy"-finger at me), i'd remember my weekends in the early days of my "career" ...

weekends were spent:
- working (65%)
- spending time with lovers and partners (25%)
- catching up with friends (0%)
- indulging in movie marathons (2%)
- sleeping in late (5%)
- spending whatever little time with family (3%)

aaahhhh ... those were the days ... and now? being single and freelancing, and of coz with me health and financial situation? ...

a typical weekend nowsadays:
- working (0%)
- spending time with lovers and partners (0%)
- catching up with friends (0%)
- indulging in movie marathons (0%)
- sleeping in late (25%)
- spending time with family (75%)

somethings work themselves out somehow, dun they? and i revel and enjoy the time spend with my family, all the more so now; in my "advancing years" (yep, sounding way too dramatic then it really is) .. simple things like whining about bad teevee, in front of the teevee, or huddled together for a chicken-curry-fest with toasted bread for dinner ... and somehow, that is enough for me (and nary the hoo-ha of a weekends in times past) ... and tis not as if im avoiding frens (or maybe i am?) but rather, as ridiculous as it may sound, im finding all and giving myself the "me-time" i've missed all these years? "lame", you might say? perhaps ... but consider this: (and as i tell myself) "the next stage of my life, has no place for myself; should i decide to step unto it" ... and so these words are spoken unto the cyberways ... tho we shall see if it comes to fruition, shalll we? but dun hold your breath tho ...

alas this sunday was a pure example of "me-time" - whereby i only awoke and stepped out of my bedroom for lunch (1 hour) and dinner (2 hours + teevee) ... and the rest of it was indoors, in front of computer (30%) and on the bed (65%) ... and that's it ... oh how things have changed all these years, haven't they?

and the thing is, i doesn't really matter much, for the past had already gone by us, innit? and no matter how much "numbers" and "percentage" i might come up with; changes naught the past ... but maybe all it does is a "reminder" of it all ... and a *warning* on how i myself intend to spend the rest of my life's weekends ...

... but then again, i dun really wanna plan anything, until when i spend it ... less expectations and hence disappointments, perhaps? ... and just leave my destiny in the hands of fate ... (or izzit the other way around? *hhhmmm*)

:)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK