a sneak-peek at martin ontivero's artwork for hidden dangers of the rainbow (nov 10)

a coupla sneakie-peeks at Martin Ontivero's artworks before you head-on down to his Hidden Dangers Of The Rainbow solo-art show [blogged] this Saturday Nov 10th @ Giant Robot 2:

(click here to read Martin's message)
GR2
2062 Sawtelle Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90025
310-445-9276
exhibition runs November 10 to December 5, 2007
Reception: Saturday, November 10, 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm

MARTIN'S MESSAGE:

Hi folks

Um, yeah, so I have this show opening this Saturday the 10th at GR2 (Giant Robot 2, duh). It's only 7 paintings, but they're larger than usual and I managed to pour all the hurt, anger, sadness, remorse, loss, general bullshit and malaise of the last year into these pieces. What I am left with is a collection of some of my best art to date, and if you know me well, you'd know it's unusual for me to give myself that much credit, which means this really is pretty special. So that means if you're in LA or parts thereabout, you are obligated to show up and say hello, and whether you live there or not, you are also obligated to tell anyone you know about this show. I will be there, maybe hiding a flask but definitely with a look of relief on my face. It's been a hard martinroad getting to this point. I think it will show.

Hope to see most of you. Tell me how good I am when you get there. Oh, and if you own a t-shirt by me, wear it! It would be fun to see an army of my t's.

Martin


(have a fab show, Martin!)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK