designertoys.blogscene.net STEALS BLOG CONTENT! Is Yours One Of Them?

UPDATED 09.05: Clicketh the "offending" website only just to find a "suspended-page" instead - So I am happy with the current status (*will reinstate blog-feed shortly*) and my sincere thanks to whomever had resolved this situation. Kudos for the efficiency in handling this matter :)

[CLICKETH to read Original Post]

ORIGINAL POST:

this blog-title is significant (in an ironic-roundabout-way), as it will be mirrored on this website: designertoys.blogscene.net = who has been stealing blog-content from me - in it's entirety, both text and images - for quite some time now. Carrie from MySeveralWorlds.com (cool site, C!) reminded me again just that it is not just my blog alone, but others as well.

I wanna say "check it if you can", but then I'd actually be directing web-traffic to the site, who runs ads, innit? (does even the ad-originators know or care they are supporting parasites?). I have deduced that the site is based / run off RSS-feeds. I've disabled my FULL-feed to SHORT recently - to the inconvenience of some of my regular readers who utilize feeds (apologies for that folks, truly - hopefully this can be resolved soon) = which effectively takes away my readers, as well as utilize my content without permission ... Yes, welcome to the opportunist worldwideweb of the new millennium.

Is even Intellectual Property or Copyright respected here? Doesn't anyone care to read the Disclaimer/s on my blog? It's one thing when tis just pictures (most of them aren't even taken thru my own camera lens in the first place, and I lay claim not to them and never have). But the ones that are taken by myself? You do not touch (unless you ask and i give permission). And the words? THEY ARE MINE.

With the risk of sounding hypocritical, for sure this (current incarnation of my) blog functions more like a "news-desk", hell, even an online "information counter" of sorts - where information and content from varied sources are culled and edited into a digestible format, to (hopefully) enlighten, entertain and educate whomever chooses to read and partake of them. I am under no disillusions that all of them are (what I term) "Original Content" - unless of course, they are originated by myself, innit?

"Uncredited Plagiarism" is just laziness, rude and disrespectful. Stealing wholeheartedly, is just plain THEFT. Oh, but there's perhaps a word for it (and I am guilty of on many occassions as well) - "Mirror". And now that the reflect glares back? The bubble cracketh.

For sure, this is not the first time this situation has happened. Am I to be comforted that what I've been doing with my blog is "worth other's effort"? or that tis precisely this blog is too tiny for those perps to care about? Mindboggling, to be sure :p

Frankly, I wasn't as pissed off about the situation initially, primarily becoz they'd provided actual link-backs to my blog! Hell, I've known of other websites who've mirrored content but without any link-backs or mentions! (Dudes, for fcuks'sake remove my watermark while you're at it? thanks). By Teh CyberGawds, I read so naive, innit?

... On some days, it's pretty funny, but on others, this pretty darn frustrating. But what? thump my cyber-chest and cry out for blood? My disappointment outweighs my anger and bitterness**. Regardless, the irony now being that's all that's left on the abovementioned website - link-backs but with zero-content, and yes, along with this blog-post title:

STEALBLOG

This is what's written on the Blogscene-website (current Host) of the aforementioned content-cyber-thief:

"Blogscene is your easy-to-use web site, where you can quickly post thoughts , interact with people, and more….all for FREE.

Blogging is the new form of self expression for the 21st century. At blogscene.net, you are able to create a completely free blog where you can share your thoughts with family, friends and the rest of the world. Blogscene.net is a community where real discussions take place and honest opinions are expressed.

In simple terms, Blogscene is a website where you write stuff on an ongoing basis. New stuff shows up at the top, so your visitors can read what’s new. Then they comment on it or link to it or email you. Or not…

We will never sell your email address. We don't spam either. Promise."


... and no, I did not leave behind my real email address when I'd contacted them about this situation ... in the very near future, all that may be left of the www is SPAM.

(**Yes, I watched Batman Begins again last night LOL)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK