Milo the Cloud by Sean Archer

PRESS: Chicago based artist, Sean Archer, just released a new piece of pocket art based on his popular web-comic, Milo the Cloud. Each piece is hand-cast, signed, and each face is hand-drawn for a look that is straight from the comics. Milo marks the first pocket art to come out of Archer's studio, with several other characters to follow. The Milo Pocket Art stands 1.5" tall and 3" wide, and comes in a blue box also hand-cut and designed by the artist. The box doubles as a display plinth, with the words "Just Be" in bold white print on the front.

The Milo Merch section of milothecloud.com is currently selling Milo Pocket Art for US$10.00 each, and Archer says he's happy to personalize them upon purchase. "Just keep it short, 'cause they're tiny." This Pocket Art is also being carried by Rotofugi in Chicago.

[CLICK THRU for more]

PRESS-CONTINUED: "Milo is my reminder," says Archer. "He's a happy positive force, and my hope is that he will nudge people to take a few minutes every day to float, cloud-like, on the breeze. When we stop and watch and 'just be' for a minute, we allow ourselves to appreciate the simple fact of being here. Granted, that's not very edgy of me, but that's what I have Hank and Lou for."

Hank, an indestructible balloon, and Lou, a cardinal with a penchant for guns are the co-stars of Milo the Cloud. "Hank is my id, and Lou is...well, Lou is Woodstock meets Jason Bourne." Both characters will get the pocket art treatment in 2010, as the comic heads into its second year.

Most webcomics don't make it a year, so Archer is looking forward to January 1st, the strip's anniversary. "Then I can say, 'I did it! I proved you all wrong!!' Even though no one was really saying I couldn't do it. I just like yelling things out inappropriately. Ask my wife." The strip updates on Mondays and Thursdays

Artist can be reached for comment:
Sean Archer
773-304-8257
2523 W. Iowa St.
Chicago, IL 60622
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK