Wrap-Up & Report by David Tan @ Jakarta 7th Toys & Comics Fair 2011


With my individual features just posted about Jakarta 7th Toys & Comics Fair 2011, we now turn our attention to the general feel of the annual event, as reported by David "@tomat45" Tan of Filmoo ~ our man on the scene!

(Note: All words henceforth in this post are David's, with an absolute minimal of edits)



This toy fair I have to say is one of the biggest one in Indonesia, every year, the crowds are getting crazy and crazier (you can see the photos of crowd, they look like smurf aren't they?). It's kinda different when I feel I am alone collecting toys years ago in this country, while I am taking pictures mostly on 'designer toys' booths, there are also some costly. This is when Vampy, the lady who love metal, taking on the role as one of the judges for the Cosplay Contest.




Other stuff that we can see in here are mostly some custom stuff that are cool (my fave is the Thundercats, lucky the new toys are coming) and also there's a diorama custom featuring Batman interrogating The Joker from the movie! Coolio! (There are also) display from old collections and some of them brings us nostalgic moment (very old old superman, Centurions etc) and the crazy collections of Toy Story characters!


There is also auction section that were selling many 'rare' toys. During the auctions, me and Win Satrya (co-owner of Plastic Culture) kinda pass that session, just walk around to do some toy hunting, and in the end Win still manage to get heaps of toys ~ always like that guy when go toys shopping!



As you might already know, there are some booths that focus on 'designer toys', one of the biggest booth is for sure Plastic Culture, this was where I used to hang around, met lots of friends as you also know. While Joshua Hartono is in overseas, me and other guys managed to help update some pictures via twitters and just to make him even missing this event lol.



As you can see Abell Otovan bringing his toys, with also the arrival from The Yellow Dino (with his prelaunch teaser of Goji the Dino toy) with Cikcuk and Reycle Experience on Day 2 of the event. I have to say, it feels great to see them again especially remembering those time during munny festival and charity event last year.


There was also another booth I spotted selling designer toys called "Just Fresh Toys". I had also met the owner Sandy Suryadi, and he's into Hot toys now, and I am glad to "toy-poison" him and since today, his collection of 12" are getting bigger and bigger (he also collects designer toys too!)


What did I get during toy fair, beside some small Kaijus, a KnuckleBear-head Kitbash from a guy. Ow yeah, I won door prize too. What is it? I'll let you know when I meet you ;)

OOoohhhh way to taunt me, buddy! As well THIS snap of you and Linda!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK