Daily Wrap-Up: May 12th 2011 on TOYSREVIL

MAY-12
[Click above image for 9 x blogposts on Thursday]

The only other reason why Thursday May 12th saw only 9 x blogposts (besides me being tuckered out from the morning rehab) was that I was geeking out on my Flashback80s retro-blog. It doesn't really matter if not a whole lot of folks read that blog (in fact, it is as gone-Do-Do as the fluorescent shirts of the 80s) - but hey, I like reminiscencing - hell, I love it! Growing up in the 80s (or rather living thru my adolescence during the period) had impacted me and somewhat made my tastes what they are today. Be it comicbooks or music ("fashion" alas, was never my strong suit, then or now lol), I relish the era unlike any other, which somehow embodies "kookie-kitsch" in a lot of folks' minds (as opposed to "disco-kitsch" of the 70s, and "beatnik-kitsch" of the 50s etc).

Truth be told, I enjoy blogging in the Flashback80s blog, as it both reminds me of my scarred past (reliving it via memory rather than physical, thank you very much), as well a time where I blog only for myself and for no one else to read (weirdly so). Here's a pic of what I found, along with an excerpt of what I wrote:

CASSETTES
I grew up on "cassette tapes". From bootlegged "chrome"-tapes to off the shelf goodness - I pretty much spent my 80s being musically-educated by the West, as well as a smattering of Canto-tapes (which has since mysteriously disappeared from whatever little collection I had left, yes, even my Alan Tam tape is missing *cough*) via cassette tape collections. Even with the advent of vinyl albums - it did not really catch on with me (my brother instead got bit and hard lol), my sentimental heart remained still with tapes.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK