Real Steel


At first look of the new REAL STEEL trailer of boxing-rbots in a ring, I had remembered my 2005-blogpost about wrestling paper-robots from Kami-Robots (which were more wrestling than boxing, but you get the gist). And while the name "Hugh Jackman" put me off quite a tad (due to the legal wranglings that has yet been resolved and doubt it ever will) - I managed to watch the above trailer just, and found it invigorating! And Evangeline Lilly is in it, so I'm there.

REAL-STEEL-STILL-07
REAL-STEEL-STILL-06 REAL-STEEL-STILL-05
REAL-STEEL-STILL-03 REAL-STEEL-STILL-02

"A boxing drama set in the near-future where 2,000-pound robots that look like humans do battle." (IMDb) - Directed by Shawn Levy (Date Night , Might at the Museum 1 & 2), REAL STEEL (www.steelgetsreal.com) launches October 13th in Singapore. C'mon, giant fighting robots in a boxing ring? Oh man I can imagine the toys displayed in an entire row at the local "Toys'R'Us, and I lower my head in angst (but would still love to have them tho! muahahahaha).

REAL-STEEL-STILL-01 REAL-STEEL-STILL-04
REAL-STEEL-STILL-09 REAL-STEEL-STILL-08

SYNOPSIS: A future-set story where robot boxing is a popular sport and centered on a struggling promoter (Jackman) who thinks he's found a champion in a discarded robot. During his hopeful rise to the top, he also discovers he has an 11-year-old son who wants to know his father.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK