Toy-Review: Bigtop Jinny by Jon Burgerman x Bitbots

bigtop-jinny-02

TOY-STORY: Bigtop Jinny is the first 6"-tall articulated vinyl figurine produced by Bitbots of UK. This particular skin design is from Jon Burgerman, based on the figure-form previously released as a 2.5"-Jinny, released first as a blind boxed Series Zero. Bigtop Jinny is limited to 500 pieces and can currently be purchased via www.bitbots.co.uk for £40 (inclusive worldwide shipping).

While I am basing this review on memory (I was not given one to keep), I can only afford to show images rather than a tangible assessment of the toy.

bigtop-jinny-01

Articulation wise, the form possesses three main points = neck and both shoulders. The print on the figure I was shown (and held in my hands) was decent, although I would have loved to see Jon's doodles engulf the figure rather than on specific frontal surfaces. I liked the head-print most tho. Standing alone, the figure seems "bland", but then again having an additional "accessory" might be a tad too much. Again, this was based on initial perceptions and memory.

bigtop-jinny-03

What sort of impressed me the most, was actually the packaging box - featuring the same doodles (I can't exclaim "exact" as I'd be lost trying to decipher the doodles lol) - for which I had actually hoped it might be something different, than the exact same colorways as the figure itself - hence me comparing a box print to a toy's, you know?

Nevertheless, the large scale "works" for me, and as well pops into the forefront compared to the earlier miniature Jinny figurines. Would be cool when their DIY-Blank Jinnys are released tho!

bigtop jinny
"Human brains get weighed down with all the things they're trying not to think and obsess about; Did I leave the gas on? Will I have enough money to pay the rent and buy LA Noir this weekend? What will happen if the Sun explodes? Why are Curly Wurlys getting smaller?

Sometimes you have to sip your over priced, unethically sourced mochafrappacapoeirachino and smile through it all. Give up the anxiety and take your Bigtop to the circus, they have clowns and dancing bears."
- Jon Burgerman
To celebrate the release of Jinny Bigtop by Jon Burgerman, Jon will be doing a signing at Forbidden Planet London on September 8th 6pm to 7pm. Forbidden Planet Megastore [Facebook]. Jinny Bigtop can be purchased online now for £40 including free worldwide shipping. All orders via www.bitbots.co.uk will include a free Series Zero blind box, a sticker set, poster and badges.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK