TOYSREVIL @ Thailand Creative & Design Center

TCDC TCDC_SPACE_02
TCDC_SPACE_04 TCDC_SPACE_03

I was introduced to the existence of "Thailand Creative & Design Center" (also known as "TCDC") when I was invited to a talk alongside Liselle-creator Lisa Lee and Dweey-creator Luk Chee Chew, from Malaysia (moderated and organized by the incomparable Napat Phromphruk - the host for my tenure in Thailand), on a Friday afternoon while I was in Bangkok, late last week.

I had talked about the importance of, and of how to promote your product online and on social networks, utilizing my TOYSREVIL-blog as a reference point. As well I spoke about promotions for my recent Black Valentines Edition BeatUp Boxer collaboration with Breeanzz (folks loved the video, man!) and of my current *I LIKE TOYS* fanzine, for which I had given out 3 issues to the folks in attendance. (Hey, send me pics of you and your 'Zine, guys!)

TCDC_talk

TCDC is situated on the 6th Floor The Emporium Shopping Complex (the 5th floor has cafes galore, mind you), with the venue awashed with black-painted walls, anchored by "raw" stained timber-stripped floors, embraced with warm yellow lighting = a chic-boutique museum-like space for urbanites, I reckon. The talk was held at an open atrium by the side of a space where they were exhibiting illustrations and artwork of local Thai artists (more on that soon), beside a gift shop which showcased designer goods for sale, from local designers and manufacturers.

What really impressed me, was a wall at the side with multiple slots where vendors and production folk could leave their contacts / namecards in a sort of "directory", for anyone who wanted a contact to make their products come true.

TCDC-VENDOR-WALL
TCDC-TUNNEL TCDC-LIBRARY

Exiting thru the main thoroughfare via a small connecting pathway (which was projecting movies on the wall - with the movie "Avatar" being shown, the day I arrived for the talk) led to a cafe named "KIOSK" at the left-side (not huge on flavors but featuring decent cafe food prices) and a resource library on the right.

The cafe saw a mini-performance area with a large screen against the wall, again with projecting a movie on it, which frankly does the visuals no favors as an entire wall of windows cast in sunlight. I did not venture into the library area for a peek, and regret not doing so when I was there.

TCDC-CAFE-01
TCDC-CAFE-03 TCDC-CAFE-02
TCDC-CAFE-05 TCDC-CAFE-04
TCDC-STOOL TCDC-CUPPA

Now this would be an exceptional place to hang out, and soak in the creative juices, no? Interesting spot indeed, amidst the hustle and bustle of city-life, pacing now seemingly in slow motion here, in an area which seems to remove a person from the franticness of the urban outside the building. Definitely a locale I would love to return to, when I am ever next in Bangkok, and perhaps spend more time there and not need to worry about needing to leave as quickly :)

TCDC-TALK-SKETCH

Shown above is an illustration/sketch of the three speakers by Keatisak Puekhao (K Kiattisak) of Dreampath Studio (much thanks for making me look decent lol).

Find out more about TCDC online via www.tcdc.or.th and check out their network via tcdcconnect.com. TCDC is as well on Facebook. A personal shout-out to Anunta Intra-Aksorn for her hospitality while we were there for the talk, and for her efforts and guiding us back to the CE Contest-venue! Thanks!

Thailand Creative & Design Center
6th Floor The Emporium Shopping Complex,
622 Sukhumvit 24, Bangkok, Thailand 10110
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK