Spinning Battle by Urban Jedi x Jaksaber @ Star Wars Day Jakarta #SWDJKT 2013


The Bandung faction known as Urban Jedi (@URBAN_JEDI_BDG / Facebook) met and pit lightsaber-to-lightsaber with Jakarta's JAKsaber (@JAKsaber / www.jakartasaber.com) in a glorious "SPINNING BATTLE" at last weekend's Star Wars Day Jakarta, and all I could, dazzled by the spinning neon lights, was to silently record them on video, and share the images with you, my dear readers!

And while my first visual experience with Spinning Battles and twirling lightsabers was via online videos seen in last years Star Wars Day Bandung, this time it would be my first, seeing them up close like this, and I am intrigued to find out more, and see more...

75212_393539757405082_992343071_n 482791_419273114831746_306419621_n

The members' enthusiasm is evident, and what they choose to wear, is also indicative of their devotion to their craft and hobby. In my earlier teaser post, I mentioned the lady in white top and grey shorts, Ratna, is wearing what she named an "Urban Amidala" outfit, and I am truly liking the adaptation of the primary source theme, and fitting it into contemporary settings, and kicking Sith-a$$ in tactical gear! (As thse images swiped from the Urban Jedi Facebook can attest ;p) ... One thing is for sure, the unity they have in regards to "Star Wars", is undeniable. Now, that is devotion, beyond just cosplaying their fav character, IMHO.

395375_393539674071757_1381832735_n
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK