#throwbacktoythursday: Deathbot



Remembering when I first blogged about DEATHBOT back in 2007, the notion of "wood" being used as a material of choice for art toy collectibles (back then, the term "art toy" was not even used yet), was somewhat of a refreshing oddity, to me personally harking too close to toddler's toys (which at that time I was somehow weirdly seeing a lot of in my real life…).


Based on design by Tim Biskup, sculpted by Dave Higgins, and manufactured and produced by Ningyoushi, the 5-inch tall DEATHBOT from Gama-Go was made in a variety of editions - of which the Bot-in-Black (above) and SDCC Gama-Gold versions (below) are shown here, and are humbly apart of my collection. It was even ranked in my Top 7 Toys of 2007! Some times while I stare at both the figure and box art by Biskup, I wonder which actually came first? The Character Art? Or the Wooden Toy? :)

More images have since been uploaded HERE on my dedicated Facebook.

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK