“How KAWS Became the Face Of Modern Art” on COMPLEX’s “Blueprint” Interview Series

"KAWS went from a skater kid doing graffiti around New York City to illustrating the beloved animated series Doug to creating instantly recognizable pop art that gained visibility the world over. The artist, painter, designer and toymaker details how he linked with Nigo and Pharrell in Japan, collaborated with Jordan and Uniqlo for sold-out capsules, and created motifs that elevated fine art into the cultural zeitgeist."

The name “KAWS” has become such a “brand” I would love to own, and a notion which I admire - a multifaceted name associated with toys, collectibles, art, fashion etc … and while I may not be able to afford most, nor do I frankly, want to own ALL of his works, I am always on the lookout for chance to add more KAWS to my humble geek-collections :)


Instead of a “toy” (which sadly I do not own a whole lot of, alas), I’ll share with you folks some page snaps I had taken of his book “KAWSONE” - from decade(s) back - purchase online during my “early days” … In an age where most things are digital (ironically as are these images taken and posted on my blog here), I treasure items that can be held in my hands - from a 3-dimensional toy, to a published book with pages I can flip with my fingers.

Cheers,
Andy TOYSREVIL


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK