A Decade of Marvel Cinematic Universe (Marvel Studios 10th Anniversary Class Photo)


PRESS: "Marvel Studios kicks off its yearlong 10th anniversary celebration with a behind the scenes look at the class photo featuring 79 actors and filmmakers from across the Marvel Cinematic Universe."

MARVEL STUDIOS IRON MAN MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE
Iron Man (2008) / Iron Man 2 (2010) / Iron Man 3 (2013)

"10 Years" worth of superhero movies from Marvel, starting with "Iron Man" in 2008 (Reviewed / I certainly was skeptical of Robert Downey Jr.'s casting), and will (somewhat) culminate in The Avengers - first with "Infinity War", than it's "as-yet-named" sequel, before the "next phase" begins for the "MCU" AKA "Marvel Cinematicw Universe" ... but first, we'll have "Black Panther" premiering in a few days' time!

We have been blessed with superhero films on the big screen with severe good quality, leaving most other films of similar genre in it's dust, which is pretty awesome a track record, however you may want to see it!

THOR MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE
Thor (2011) / Thor: The Dark World (2013) / Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

And while I did and still do dig-n-enjoy Marvel Studio movies for the past decade, I remembered I initially could not get that gnaw of a visual "house-style" out of my head, which I had felt "plagued" their films - for which I had initially thought to be one of the main reasons/result of attempting to keep all their films visually "unified", under a "same Universe", so to speak .... it was not until half-way through, when I "realised" that perhaps all this was/might have done, because it ensured "quality" over "style-substance" (like director Zack Snyder's visual style and palette is iconic to most of his films), and that at the end of the day "technical quality" would outlast "age", and look good at any given timeline, say 10 years from now, 20 or 30 years from now, and not be "dated" by a style of a particular generation... maybe?


Beyond my own thoughts and personal impressions, Marvel's films have certainly withstood the passage of time (as it were), at very least a decade's worth? And I no doubt look forward to MORE!

And while I am not interested in the "Marvel versus DC" debate folks have on the www - I'd rather see ALL similar geek-genre films fall under the same universe I see on my silver screens - and with that, Marvel comes up tops still! CONGRATULATIONS, MARVEL STUDIOS!

Cheers
Andy TOYSREVIL
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK