Olderplus @ Culture Cartel 2018 (Dec 1-2) & Seeing Art Created In Front Of You...


There I sat for how long I no longer remember (nor did I track time, I admit), seeing Jakarta-based street artist LORDE 324 @olderplus fill his mustard yellow canvas with strokes that feature a mixture of specific colors, was quite an interesting process to be had.


Most street art seen by the general public might be fully completed pieces, where I personally feel, the process of which the image is completed, is one of the joys of creation folks sight be missing out on - especially in this age of instant gratification, where we might not have a chance to see "creation", other than the "finished product" (IMHO)... seeing art and creation, being created "live" as we witness it with our own eyes, is far more intimate and cherished an opportunity than people realise ... perhaps you might think I am "over-romanticizing" this, but hey, this is my worldview, thanks :)


Not necessarily your "conventional" style of "graffiti-street art", the creation for this piece was silent and subtle, which made the viewing more sublime, in my opinion. Starring at it while the crowd buzzed around me, gave me quite the buzz itself too LOL


With the club-music thumping in the background at the lounge area (this painting was situated at the edge of the seats, where I parked myself, thankfully), I wondered what was going thru his mind as he drew this, and asked when he neared completion of his work, to which he replied had been inspired by a reggae track "Police and Thieves" - and with that I had to give him a sharp kudos, for being able to focus thru the music in the space! (Scroll thru to the song at bottom of this post).


We had a chat, and discovered similar friends and names, and that was as much cherished as being able to see art being created in front of my eyes. Made my preview night, this did.

Thank you for the pleasure of seeing you work, and it had been great meeting and chatting with you!

Cheers
Andy TOYSREVIL


(Additional images by Angeline Kang).
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK