The Umbrella Academy Fictional Action Figures (*Spoilers)


(Above L-R: The White Violin, The Kraken, The Séance, The Boy, Spaceboy, The Rumor)

It was the November of 2008 when I first found out and featured these UMBRELLA ACADEMY PVC Figures set - which were scheduled to drop in April of 2009, and I will always remember my toy-regret of not picking them up, even when I saw them in the display window of a comicbook shop a few years later, in Singapore. And while admittedly the SRP of US$39.99 seemed steep when they reached SG's shores (normally they would at least double in price) - SG$80 was not a sum of money I would part with for a set of figurines sized ranging from 2 to 5 inches tall. The Umbrella-topped dome was the real seller for me tho ... but alas, not enough to tip my hand, because I was a stingy lil'manbitch a thrifty collector (*cough*) ... of course seeing it now priced over US$4K on Amazon, really takes the cake, innit?

SPOILERS: SEEN IN HAROLD JENKIN'S ROOM


Over a decade over, whilst thoroughly enjoying the live-action incarnation on Netflix (Reviews in Non-Spoiler & Spoiler modes), I'd see a series of figures featured in an episode (SPOILER: Episode #7 - "The Day That Was"), and I am reminded of the above mentioned PVC figures, and the unfortunate lack of foresight I had then ... to be honest, I'd never given much stock to PVC figures the years before, having always felt they were "inferior" to carded action figures (I still have my McFarlane first issues, and Youngblood figures to show off to nobody who cares now for :p) .... but through the years regretfully miss out on similar releases, including yet another PVC set I regretfully not procure when I had the chance: "Summer Wars" (from the anime film), even though the price tag was hella alarming (I am less stingy now, although I have severely limited funds :p) ... but that's another toy-regret to share, for another day...

SPOIERS: SEEN IN HARGREEVES MANOR

Would these faux figure displays be released as actual production figures? I certainly wouldn't mind one bit! Maybe if so, it might happen when Season 2 hits the air LOL ... but then again, maybe all it does is remain as fictional toy-desires best left behind on the screen...

Would YOU be interested to own these as PVC figures?
Cheers
Andy TOYSREVIL

P/S: I just realised, the figurines shown in the tv series were actually the "prequel" to the above mentioned "adult" comic book versions, aren't they? Niiiiiice!

UPDATED: Well, there's still the comicbook-version "SPACEBOY" (based on art of Gabriel Ba) to be had currently, no? :)

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK