MechaTEQ by Klav for "MegaTEQ Custom Show" at New York Comic Con 2019


Kevin Derken AKA Klav shares with us snaps of his custom one-off MegaTEQ, meant as part of the MEGATEQ group customs show happening at New York Comic Con (Oct 3-6/2019) via the @martian_toys's booth #295. Hand painted with lacquer and oil paint, signed on bottom of foot, feature here are snaps galore, as well as words from Kevin himself.

"This is the second Mega Teq I have customized. The first one was just before Five Points Festival in June this year. It was for the initial release (auction) at Martian Toys so I felt I should keep the original form and not alter the shape too much. Since I was selected to paint the first vinyl Mega (not from Quiccs) I stayed similar to my first TEQ63 micro release in February of 2018." - shared @klav9.

"When Aaron (Martian Toys) told me about the show, I immediately knew I needed more than just paint. I wanted to continue the concept from the KAWS Companion I built and painted for Misapropiated Icon (March 2019) and I cut the massive toy in half a few days after receiving it. I built up the interior of the left side using plastic model parts from Maschinen Krieger, Gundam, and various Tank kits. The paint is also close to my previous Mega, for a set if ever re-united.

I can honestly admit, I was skeptical that Martian Toys could pull a show of this magnitude off for New York Comic Con off. But after seeing everyone else’s finished pieces, I am completely blown away. Any other custom show now seems miniscule. The show has created a buzz in the toy community and has inspired me for future pieces."
(Klav9 customs on TOYSREVIL)

(Cheers for the headsup, Kevin)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK