TOYSREVIL on The Bulletpunk Network Show Redux (Ep19 on August 29/2020)


A honour to be interviewed on the weekly BULLETPUNK NETWORK Show - hosted by Carlo Mendoza - the past weekend (Saturday August 29), spending 2hours rambling about my past (toylife) and 15 years' worth of bloggery and even more about collecting TOYS!

Featured below is the embeddable youtube video (check out the OG-post thread on Facebook / Private Group tho), and as well select images I flashed during the show (some of which were reposts of my 2019 talk at SUSS, as part of Singapore Design Week :p) ... THANKS to Carlo and Quiccs for the invite, and THANK YOU for tuning in, folks!


TOYSREVIL TOY-STASH:



FIRST TIME MEETING QUICCS:



While THIS is considered my first post about Quiccs (custom in 2012) ... the first time I ever met Juanito "Quiccs" Maiquez was when I was invited as a Judge for "CE Contest 2" Final Battle in Thailand (from March 29-31/2012), - this to the generosity and efforts of Napat Phromphruk - where I first met Quiccs, where his SPACE GHOST TOSHIRO was the finalist for the design contest, that would be his first production toy release (on a CE platform figure by MAFIA Factory).



FAV QUICCS TOY:


I was asked specifically which QUICCS-collectible was my fav, and my answer is his ASSAULT & BATTERYZ (which I reviewed HERE in 2013), which to this day I am lobbying this to be made into a production 5-inch Dunny by Kidrobot! I mean I would LOVE to have a 8-incher Dunny, but imagine a battalion of 5-inchers AND a Master Chief 8-incher! "Urban Camo", "Woodland Camo", "Desert Camo", "Medic" = you know the multiple editions you can have, right? AND the world-building and story behind the character helps propel it beyond "just" the aesthetics, right? ... And if you choose not to click on my review, know that the "two support robots" on the Dunny's "ears" are "Ruff Battery" (the Rocketeer) and "Tuff Battery" (the Rifleman).

TOYSREVIL-EDITION RELEASES:
First TOYSREVIL-Exclusive Release: YOKAZUNA Released & Sold Out in STGCC 2012!
First TOYSREVIL-Exclusive TEQ63 Released & Sold Out at STGCC2013!
TOYSREVIL-Exclusive EVIL KING MACHINE Released & Sold Out!
TOYSREVIL-Exclusive SCARLET SABER TROOPER Released & Sold Out!
TOYSREVIL-Exclusive Red Tide Edition TEQMON Release & Sold Out!


TOYSREVIL'S TOYLIFE:



SELECT READABLES:
A Sense of Community / A Personal Toy-Collecting Experience (2009)
TOYSREVIL's Blind Box Experience (2009)
Do You Remember A Time When Toys Were Fun? (2007)

PREP FOR THE SHOW:
Posted on my Insta but not shown in the show itself :p





We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK