Daniel Yu's TOP TOYS OF 2020


Amidst his toy-slinging and recent releases, Daniel Yu shares with us his TOP TOYS OF 2020 (as apart of my TOP TEN TOYS OF 2020-List Features celebrating YOUR toys of 2020), along with a lil'Q&A to get to know the Singaporean artisan more...!



#5 TOP TOYS OF 2020: MARVEL LEGENDS MCU CABLE

TOYSREVIL: Can you share with us, who you are and what you do?
DANIEL YU: I'm Daniel and I'm a sculptor and toy maker.

TOYSREVIL: How long have you been buying (collectible) toys? What type/genre of toys do you prefer to collect?
DANIEL YU: When haven't I been collecting should be the easier question. I think collecting is what got me into toy making in the first place. I don't really collect a specific genre, I'm drawn to things that are well crafted or toy lines that tug at my nostalgia strings.



#4 TOP TOYS OF 2020: MATTEL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGNS BEAST MAN
(*The entire line has been repainted by Daniel himself)

TOYSREVIL: Where do you normally purchase your toys? Online? Offline from Stores? Events? Which do you prefer? And why?
DANIEL YU: Mostly online, especially due to the pandemic.

TOYSREVIL: Do you belong to any particular or dedicated toy-groups (online or offline)? Do you have "toy-buying buddies"?
DANIEL YU: I have a couple of close friends who are toy collectors as well, and it's always fun to go on toy runs together or to just talk toys and "poison" each other.



#3 TOP TOYS OF 2020: DAMTOYS X COAL DOG METAL HEAD TONY

TOYSREVIL: "Toy Buying these days is a solitary affair" = Do you agree with this? How do you feel about this?
DANIEL YU: It's definitely better to have friends or a collecting community to share your interests with.



#2 TOP TOYS OF 2020: SUPER7 REACTION NOSTROMO SUIT
(*The entire line has been repainted by Daniel himself)

TOYSREVIL: Where can people go to see your collection?
DANIEL YU: The Super7 and MOTU repaints can be seen on my social media instagram.com/thedanielyu and facebook.com/thedanielyu. During the lockdown period last year, I began to revisit customizing/repainting action figures, which were things I used to do back when I was starting out on my toy making journey. My favourite ones ended up being the Super7 ReAction and Masters of the Universe Origins lines.

#1 TOP TOYS OF 2020: NECA CROOKED MAN

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK