Jimmy YU's TOP TEN TOYS OF 2022



"As I look through 2022, I realise I really picked up lots of Legos," shared Jakarta-based JIMMY YU, whom I've always had on my past TOP TEN TOYS-lists showing all Kamen Rider Candy Soko figures! This'll be the third time instagram.com/jimmy_yu is sharing with us too!

JIMMY YU'S TOP TEN TOY LISTS ON TOYSREVIL:
TOP TEN TOYS OF 2021
TOP TEN TOYS OF 2020








TOP TEN TOYS OF 2022: #10: Lego The Batman
JIMMY YU: It was an itch I had to scratch after finishing the movie. I got the smaller set since it has both Batman and Selina (the gateway drug). Lego is not known to be accurate nor did I expect it to be … BUT … I just really wanted to see what a movie version will look like in minifigure form so I did the best I could to custom them.

I really like Gordon in this movie so I got him too then I thought why not get Riddler too and I did (not pictured). Right now I’m thinking if I should just get penguin to complete the set 🤦🏻‍♂️.









TOP TEN TOYS OF 2022: #9: Lego Batman Scarecrow and Bat Demon
JIMMY YU: I’ve waited since 2005 for this. I didn’t get any of the official figures released for one reason or another (scale, budget, etc). Somewhere down the road, I started a Lego Batman Nolanverse collection that involves both official and customs. It wasn’t until 2022 that I can actually complete them and take the pics for each movie.









TOP TEN TOYS OF 2022: #8: Lego Marvel Avengers: Climate Conundrum set
JIMMY YU: A prime example of how I talk myself into getting things I didn’t care about before. There were some Lego Avengers sets that was not part of the movie nor the comic, I wasn’t looking at them at all because of it. I have to have a reason for my collecting otherwise it’s chaos.



JIMMY YU: One night I saw a Lego Marvel video on YouTube and clicked on it for fun. Of course it’s a series about the Lego Avengers sets that wasn’t part of the movie nor the comic. From why would they do a Justin Hammer in that costume and gave him a mech to I need that to complete the casts of this story…







TOP TEN TOYS OF 2022: #7: Lego Shang Chi
JIMMY YU: Foot in mouth moment … when I first saw this set I was thinking who on earth will buy this. The sets are so boring (at that time) and I probably have super hero fatigue. I finally watched Shang Chi and it was my first movie in the cinema after years of not going due to pandemic.

Although that’s not the reason I bought it. I read the Shang Chi comics by Gene Luen Yang and just loved it (more fun than the movie). I also like the idea of displaying the Mandarin from Ironman 3 with them.







TOP TEN TOYS OF 2022: #6: Sodo Kamen Rider Evil
JIMMY YU: This is the inner demon of Kamen rider Live from the Revice series. This makes the list purely because the effort I had to put into painting it. I did all the splatters free hand and for someone used to masking, it was terrifying.







TOP TEN TOYS OF 2022: #5: Lego Marvel Super Heroes
JIMMY YU: The Legos are not new but I revisited after getting the PS4 game and completed them with my sons. It’s nice to revisit your old toys and remember why you enjoyed them then. I even painted Magneto’s shorts and boots because back then Lego don’t have much leg printings.







TOP TEN TOYS OF 2022: #4: Sodo Reiwa Kamen Riders
JIMMY YU: It took 4 years to prepare for this photo. Reiwa is the current era of Kamen rider and was kick started in 2019 with Kamen Rider Zero One. It was followed by Saber in 2020, Revice in 2021 and finally Geats in 2022.







TOP TEN TOYS OF 2022: #3: Lego What If
JIMMY YU: This is a strange one for me, I find the series so so but somehow I like the design a lot. Hydra Stomper and Captain Carter has to be the one that triggered this collection.

SPOILER AHEAD!









TOP TEN TOYS OF 2022: #2: P-Bandai Sodo Chronicle Kamen Rider W Luna Trigger and Heat Metal form
JIMMY YU: Kamen Rider W has been one of my favourite Rider Series for awhile now so when I got into the Candy toys naturally I want them in the collection. To my horror, they were P-Bandai exclusive and has been long sold out. Eventually I got them locally in an auction, the lesson in collecting is always to have patience







TOP TEN TOYS OF 2022: #1: Toyman, Kalibak, Ventriloquist and Gray coat Bruce Wayne
JIMMY YU: These have been my wishlist for the longest time and somehow I managed to get them all as a lot from a local source. Ventriloquist and Bruce Wayne are from an exclusive boxset while Kalibak and Toyman are the rarer ones from the end of the Mattel JLU line. My Timmverse Batman and Superman animated are now complete.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK