2008-WRAP-UP WITH TRE: EESHAUN

TOYSREVIL: Please introduce yourselves the TRE-readers? Who is EESHAUN and what do you do?

EESHAUN: hi i am eeshaun, and i am an illustrative artist from singapore. I like drawing silly things, and humour is a big part of my work.

TOYSREVIL: How has 2008 been to you? Good / Bad? What have you been up to?

EESHAUN: It has been very good. My first book, 'The Bird Who Was Afraid of Heights' (written by Farah Bagharib-Kaltz) was recently published. I had a few art shows, one solo show at the adidas Originals boutique, a group show with pixelmunky at Night+Day Bar gallery, ION, and Artoholic gallery for the launch of mimobots, and lastly Keep the Dream Alive, with YOLO.



[CLICK THRU FOR MORE]

EESHAUN: I also collaborated with FARM, a team of local architects, to curate and present the Singapore Pavillion, called Singapore Supergarden, at the 11th Architectural Venice Biennale.

Finally, I'm happy I wrapped up 3 murals for the SMRT (Singapore Mass Rapid Transit) Circle Line Art Project, which will be unveiled next May at Bishan station.  You can see more at eeshaun.com!

TOYSREVIL: A busy year for you duder! And what was the best toy you bought in 2008? And which one was it you wished you hadn't bought?

EESHAUN: A large, pink Wonderfulman by Wonderful design works! Actually, I haven't regretted any toy purchases so far!

TOYSREVIL: Sweet! Recession? What recession? How is it affecting you, if in anyway at all?

EESHAUN: Not really, I think I have been very lucky to be involved in alot of projects and shows. So that's been great. 

TOYSREVIL: Busy is always good LOL. What would you consider to be a milestone you've achieved in 2008 thus far?

EESHAUN: I can't decide! I think every littte work is a milestone, but I'd say having my illustrations out in Venice was something, and having the opportunity to exhibit works in various galleries was also a big opportunity for me. 


TOYSREVIL: If you were given a choice to remember just one single memory for 2008 (with everything else wiped clean and forgotten thereafters) - What would that memory be? ... And what would you rather forget?

EESHAUN: I'd say the adiartist solo show at adidas Originals, it was v nice to see my first ever light-box sculptures, and it was a very personal show for me.


[eeshaun for adiartist on TRE]

TOYSREVIL: What are you looking forward to in 2009?

EESHAUN: I'm looking forward to seeing my circle line murals at the Bishan station. I can't wait for it, and I hope people will enjoy the work. 

TOYSREVIL: What have you planned for the coming Christmas? And where will you be (and be doing) at the stroke of midnight 2009?

EESHAUN: I think I will be spending time with my wife and cat. At the stroke of midnight, I hope i will not be rushing any work but playing my wii at home and listening to some records and dancing to new years!  

TOYSREVIL: Party-ON, Shaun! Wishing you and Carol a fab Christmas and New Year's!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK