1/6th Scale Action Figures (aka Man-Dollies) for Taipei Toy Festival 2009

TTF-16-SCALE

After all is said, posted and blogged - my heart still beats the 1/6th-hobbyist ... and from the promos and products listed on the Taipei Toy Festival website, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of 1/6th-scale representation, IMHO. But to be fair, I'm not pounding the aisles so cannot be too sure beyond what is already shown online and blogged about. So perhaps let us (or "me") go thru what is to be expected thus far at TTF instead, yeh?

CLICK THRU for a rundown of 1/6 "man-dollies" at TTF 2009 from William Tsang with his Animal Homme line, Joe Lo of TOUCH Co, RC Work, Winson Ma's Polarla, and Paul Leung's latest Giveme5ive product :)

ANIMAL-HOMME-02

As I understand it ANIMAL HOMME (technically) comprises of William Tsang (of Brothersfree) and Ben Lam (of Ox2play). And with this series of self-titled figures - celebrates the male "model", with inspiration derived from the animal kingdom. A line-up of 6 main characters are shown here - and pending permission approval - it will be shown that the figures are limited to 15 pcs (well, at least for one design :p) and come housed within a wooden box!

ANIMAL-HOMME-01

And from the MILK magazine layouts (via Tomm's blog) the body used are ENTERBAY's. More info as I find them :)

TOUCH-JAMES-IP-01

Designer Joe Lo of TOUCH Co. offers up as new figure in his “Live Hair Salon 1 & 2”-series with "James Ip" from the Touch Hair Salon (Ver.001) - limited to 30pcs. The salon chair is a pretty nice touch (if you pardon the pun) to run off this figure - at the very least you could own a figure that could be sat in the chair for "James" to style, no? heh.

TOUCH-JAMES-IP-02

While's I'm wondering if the afro on James is a whole-solid piece, or weaved-wig, the hands reminds me of early Hot Toys bendys. But hell, the Nikes' already tugged at my 1/6th-shoe-lurvin' heart LOL.

(Product-details/costs undetermined). TOUCH Co is sharing Booth B3 with Jason Siu (of "Monkey Playground" fame) - so perhaps there will be more 1/6th-scale action as well? Display-pictures please folks!

TOUCH-JAMES-IP-03

RC-WORK-TTF

Raymond Chan's RC Work is sharing Booth-space with Giveme5ive (Booth B16) and has offered up a tee-shirt with one of his characters; [NING] VOYAGER - from his SURIYO "Forgotten World" series as design motif. I've personally wanted to know more about his series of seemingly everyday characters and workers, eking a life via their floating sampans (type of old boats) in the sky - which again reminds me of Luc Besson's The Fifth Element (one of my fav sci-fi films :p).

GIVEME5-DANIEL

Paul Leung's DANIEL [Ver.001] is limited to 100 pcs with 50 pcs reserved for TTF. SRP is HKD$2200 (US$284 / SGD$413 / +shipping cost). CLICK for more info and images in my previous post about this latest Giveme5ive 1/6-scaled product.

WINSONMA-TTF-01

While I am not wholly certain Winson Ma's "Dr. Lee" and "Aska" figures from his POLARLA series are indeed 1/6th-scale, they certainly look articulated enough. Confirmation can be had at Booths B57 & B66. Further details as I find them :p

FYI: 1/6th or 1:6 scale does not necessarily mean "12 inches tall" - as are the basic height of said 1/6th-figures. Both Dr. Lee and Aska looks to be a decent 8 to 10 inches tall - but again, this is just my base speculation :p

WINSONMA-TTF-04
WINSONMA-TTF-02

***FYI: "Man-Dollies" is meant as a term of endearment for the 1/6th-scaled non-military styled action figures, because if "they" ain't G.I.Joes or Barbie's man-friend Ken (they broke up didn;t they?), then they be "Man-Dollies" - and I heart me my Man-Dollies LOL
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK