August 5/2019 Edition of Top Ten Blogposts The Past Week on TOYSREVIL


Back online over the largely vacant weekend as I had been nursing my pain-ridden right-toe, sitting here and marvelling and now sharing my weekly TOP TEN BLOGPOSTS THE PAST WEEK on the TOYSREVIL-blog! And while the pain is subsiding, the blogposts remain the most popular with readers (courtesy of listed blog-stats, chosen by YOUR reading choices), which focused largely on the "End" of 3A Toys after over a decade, and an interesting "development" due to customer feedback ... read-ON, and have a Fab Week of Toys Ahead In The New Week Ahead!

Cheers,
Andy TOYSREVIL
(Stats listed at 11:18AM on 5/8/2019 SG Time)

View this post on Instagram

With the announcement of "The End of 3A Toys" (Read #onTOYSREVIL: https://bit.ly/2Ybbyri), I'm taking a look at the toys on display in the nooks&crannies of #TOYSREVIL-HQ (of which I do not have very much of)... A mish-mash of sizes & makes in this shelf (currently hidden behind boxes) featuring (on-left-front): a 1/6 Blanc Hunter NOM from #3AA 2013 (*the last time I could afford a subscription) ... right-front: 1/6 MONGROL (Black Hole Edition) from #ABCWarriors (whom I would've found a way to collect ALL the characters for) ... back-right: #BertieThePipebomb AKA #BertieThePipebot AKA #Bertiewithametalstickupitsbum = The OG edition when @bigshottoyworks helped developed the articulated fingers which all subsequent bots possessed! ... back-middle: I am trying to figure out WHICH 1/6 #DePlume edition this is (def not the OG, as it is somewhere else with both its legs since "decapitated" = #tragicstory) ... and finally back-far-left: CNY-TQ / #TomorrowQueen from 2011, still in box never removed from (*Felt so honoured and appreciated then lol) ... Click Here: https://bit.ly/2IDgNDa to read ALL coverage of #ThreeAToys on #TOYSREVIL #RIP3A

A post shared by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


#10: I share snaps of More #3AToys in TOYSREVIL-HQ in memory of the end of what essentially had been a "trail-blazing toy-run" for the past decade+ - including the re-introduction of "pre-order" environment (which tons of folks are running on now), which had since opened up yet again an option for toy-makers worldwide, and as well brought back the excitement of (1/6) toy-collecting - if only for the earlier years, before all manners of situations popped up in production and community expectations, IMHO - largely felt by the long-time collectors, but continues to excite the newer converts which I've always felt led to a more "vibrant" and hopefully a robust community (#RIP3AToys).

Be it "good/positive", or perhaps even "negative/bad", you'd want folks to be TALKING about your products, rather than not mention it at all (besides "buying/selling"), IMHO. Heh.


#9: Doubleparlor's Friday Online Drops since launched here, including the above glimpse at a trio of "Kiddo (Yellow Dress)" one-offs, all since listed as Sold Out! Gosh but I love the concept here!


#8: Previews for SOFUBI-MAN (Online) Custom Show, since launched online here - Don't miss out on the awesome one-offs! Featured above is Mark Nagata's submission - SINCE SOLD - inclusive of a scratch-built chemical bath and dunking steel trays, completing the visual of a "Sofubi Master"!

#7: IRON MONKEY "HUSTLE" from Kikkake TOY released since Aug 3rd online here, and I can figuratively hear the cymbals clanging my name thru the computer-screen! LOL


#6: TOYSREVIL's TOY IN MY HAND: Lunar Creep by Daniel Yu is the start of a new series of features where I showcase collectibles "in-hand(s)" in a short-form format, without too "heavy" a review - for folks who just want to SEE the item, rather than read or hear what I have to say LOL

LIKE the youtube video, if it works for you, and SUBSCRIBE to my channel if you please, thanks!


#5: POPBOTS & WWR Robots in TOYSREVIL-HQ (#RIP3AToys) - where I continue to showcase/feature my open-displays for my humble 3A Toy-collection! Maybe I should also show unboxed figures I have too? Doesn't;t really quite cut it, unless I'm planning on "selling" them tho ... heh.

#4: Balloon Dunny by Wendigo Toys x Kidrobot floated past and into collector's hearts over the weekend, with the GOL version exclusive to kidrobot.com (since Sold Out), along with the RED, which could possibly still be found in select retailers - Time to check in with your favs, folks!

#3: I cannot help but personally wonder about the line (if ever one such exists) between "Collectible" and "Craft / Novelty Item" with this Special Edition Arabesque Black 400% BE@RBRICK from Royal Selangor...


#2: A Supersized Wood Awakening courtesy of Juce Gace X Mighty Jaxx will it's 24hour timed released pre-orders since ended.

What is notable about this particular piece, was that the "final" price had been altered within a span of a couple of days (since the price was first announced online via their social medias), due to customer feedback on said social media(s).

What was US$799 is now US$599, with a height adjustment to the item (24" to 20" tall) also a compromise no doubt contributing to the final price point.

How this situation (will) impacts the scene/toy culture, especially for future releases and how the customer engages with their purchases, remains to be seen, which "excites" me (as I would have a more "participatory" level in my choice of purchasing a collectible), and as well leaves me a tad "fearful" (even though I am neither a toy-maker or retailer), as the power shifts to the customer more now, amidst a sea of toys saturating the scene.

And while I've no particular skin in the game, I'd commend Mighty Jaxx for making the effort for this change - which included a IG Live Q&A - and the courage to make this change, so close to drop-day too!


#1: The End of 3A Toys (2008-2019) features Ashley Wood's (official) parting-words, Threezero addressing current outstanding ThreeA Toys (pre)-orders, and my own personal impressions of the legacy it leaves behind.

Essentially, the "ThreeA Toys" as a brand might be gone, but the toys of Ashley Wood would continue with a as-yet-named brand/company.

View this post on Instagram

3AA for 2009 (Reviewed #onTOYSREVIL: http://bit.ly/2iWbg0h) “Founding Member” sounding so prestigious then … I had first used my true name, instead of “TOYSREVIL” then because, (A) I personally genuinely as a 1/6 collector myself loved their product and designs, (B) I had not then thought of a “blog” angle hahaha ... it was only much later, when I could change the name on the membership card, and I’ll admit by then the “passion” had since been overcome by financial lack, and other unfortunate unhappy situation ... my membership support ended after 2013. I truly missed the peeps in the OLD forum, for having a place to geek out in my hobby (the blog didn’t count then lol)... and am always grateful for the members who had spoken up and encouraged me during my Stroke back in 2010 too! So my connection to 3AA is really the people in the collecting community, and the joy the toys brought me then. I had been naive to have thought otherwise all these years hahaha #threeatoys #3atoys #3aassociates #bloglife #toystory #sadlysalty

A post shared by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK